Volkswagen TSB pour in a bottle remedy

'This bulletin applies to all gasoline-engine equipped 2006-2023 Volkswagen vehicles..'

Screenshot_20221210-190027_Gallery.jpg

A few months ago, I was working on a 2015 Jetta 2.0L (approx. 125k kms.) which had an intermittent lack of power and CEL; a scan revealed P0300. My first reaction was, intake valve deposits, because just a year prior I had already replaced the spark plugs for a slight rough idle, only when hot and in P. I ran a solvent through the intake and poured a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. Last month, the CEL came back on with the same code, the ignition cables tested ok, so I replaced the ignition coil pack; fingers crossed. It seems P0300 is common for VW.

Plenty things clean injectors. Looks like this is 75-80% PEA, so plenty concentrated.... that 1st ingredient.
I thought PEA was Phenethylamine. Is that the same as ethyl homo polymer whatever?

I am not a chemist but I am trying to learn a few things at least.

Someone on one of the VW forums has discussed this product for misfire issues he was having that this cleared up. I run a can of LM DI Jectron each oil change.

Pretty much ANY quality fuel system cleaner can give you similar results.

I bet the VW stuff will give my Mazda, Toyota, Kias... a good cleaning too.

And, PEA is poly ether amine. Its the old chemical. Pretty sure they built on it and moved away from it.

If VW’s selling the German stuff here, it’s a BASF Keropur product. The US refiners, if they aren’t using their own addpack(Techron, V-Power), they’ll use a generic EPA add pack from Chevron Oronite/Afton/Lubrizol or do what Costco did and get a Top Tier-certified add pack made just for them.

IME, Chevron tends to provide the best performance. I use Safeway swill with a little Sta-Bil Marine added to it.

Here is the old Liquimoly Jectron PN2007
D46D7E24-C26E-4EF0-A83A-CF73049B647A.jpeg

And here is the new Liquimoly Jectron DI 22076
9FB4CB16-F252-4E48-B224-1DF85B9A5835.jpeg

The difference is "2-ethylhexanol" 1-5 by weight in the latter, found here:

The VW additive SDS follows a different format
1680046790348.jpeg

And naming convention.
Its not clear to me which is "poly ether amine" ("PEA") or if the chemical in LM DI Jectron is the same chemical in the VW additive. I am not a chemist.
But I'm the guy in another forum who documented the persistent misfire codes and ECL experienced went away after the second bottle of VW additive per tank, during heavy hot use towing during 100-110 degree conditions over multiple hours in a VW mk7/EA888gen3 with mild tune.
One very experienced independent german tuning shop examined the engine including compression checks, and found "absolutely nothing wrong"
And later a second independent tuner shop opined this was a "programmed fault code" in the ECS thats coded to indicate close to out of parameter operation in conditions like multiple pulls at high temps, or long hot heavy towing.
If you had a batch of bad gas, as I did- 87 at a Loves on the interstate, at approx 80k miles you might be in the zone for suboptimal fuel atomization due to clogging in the injectors (which the old Jectron solves) or carboning up the fuel injector tip along with intake valve carbon buildup due to the design of DI engines.
The new LM DI Jectron addresses the latter as well as former, per the FCPeuro youtube here:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hrv
I thought PEA was Phenethylamine. Is that the same as ethyl homo polymer whatever?

I am not a chemist but I am trying to learn a few things at least.
polyetheramine

Oxiranes, also referred to as epoxides
In organic chemistry, an epoxide is a cyclic ether, where the ether forms a three-atom ring: two atoms of carbon and one atom of oxygen.

Screen Shot 04-14-23 at 03.42 PM.JPG

the mid part is perhaps related to piba

Last edited:
Back