Volkswagen Confirms It's Quitting the World Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
First Le Mans now WRC. For fans of both, this is sad news.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a31393/volkswagen-confirms-leaving-wrc/

VolkswagenMotorsport ✔ @VolkswagenRally
The #WRC commitment is coming to an end after 4 successful years. From 2017, #Volkswagen will focus on new technologies and customer sport.
7:21 AM - 2 Nov 2016
385 385 Retweets 208 208 likes

"...The Volkswagen brand is facing enormous challenges. With the upcoming expansion in electrification of our vehicle range we must focus all our efforts on important future technologies. We far exceeded our sporting goals in the WRC, now we are realigning Volkswagen Motorsport and moving the vehicle technology of the future more starkly into focus..."

27.gif
Towtrucks too expensive to have all over the course?
15.gif
27.gif

Kidding, kidding...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The EPA has successfully destroyed a company.
They have gotten what they deserved.

No rule bending and poor engineering decisions did. They made massive profit leaving out the deleting emissions equipment yet managed still charge more for the TDI.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

No rule bending and poor engineering decisions did. They made massive profit leaving out the deleting emissions equipment yet managed still charge more for the TDI.

Did the emissions limits come from the EPA or did Congress have to vote on the limits? I know CA has had a big hand in getting low emissions, which is at the state level.

Regardless: VW lied, they got caught. As much as the EPA can be blamed for artificially low limits (if one so chooses), the truth is, VW didn't play by the rules of the game. I have no sympathy for them.

And I *was* a happy VW owner, diesel no less. I still have some fondness for their turbodiesel.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: madRiver

Did the emissions limits come from the EPA or did Congress have to vote on the limits? I know CA has had a big hand in getting low emissions, which is at the state level.

Regardless: VW lied, they got caught. As much as the EPA can be blamed for artificially low limits (if one so chooses), the truth is, VW didn't play by the rules of the game. I have no sympathy for them.

And I *was* a happy VW owner, diesel no less. I still have some fondness for their turbodiesel.

I share the same sentiments. Including still being fond of many VAG products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back