VOIP Home/Business Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today there are a lot of VOIP devices and services available. Magicjack, Ooma, VOIPO, Obihai, etc.

A couple years ago we pulled the plug on Cable TV & went with over the air and a Roku. About 4 months ago we pulled the plug for home phone landline service and went with the Obihai 200 with a free Google Voice Number. Works great and is free. If you want E911 service it is $15.00 a year but have a couple of cell phones laying around.

No issues and sound quality is like a regular landline phone. The free Google Voice number has way more features than the average person would use and the number is free.

I have my Google Voice number setup so if someone calls, the landline, both cell phones, computer using Google Hangouts all ring and I can take the call no matter where I am at or what device I am using.

Now my monthly land line phone bill is 0 Dollars a month.

Feels good cutting the cord, doesn't it?

I canceled cable years ago and get all my content through OTA and Netflix. The landline concept is nearly defunct so I use my cell for everything. I have an alternate Google Voice # set up as my junk line for people/places I don't want to give my real number to.

Between the VOIP home phone costing 0 Dollars a month and using the the Ringplus cell phone plan at 0 Dollars a month that meets my needs. Am not tethered to a phone being retired and this meets my needs and the total monthly cost for both VOIP and cell phone is 0 Dollars a month. I too use Over the air for TV & the Roku and only pay for the ad free version of Hulu +.

Another month and 1/2 have passed and am happy with the free Obihai VOIP phone service using the free Google voice Number with it. Quality is great. Only change I made in the Setup of Google Voice is that I shut off Announces caller and lets you listen as caller leaves a message - Ask unknown callers to say their name to Off and enabled Directly connects calls when phones are answered.

When I get a call, can take it on my home phone, or cell phone using the Obihai, tablet, computer, etc., by using the fre Hangouts app from Google.

When someone calls I never miss a call this way as I can take the call on the cell phone, etc.

Am greatly impressed with their Robo Call and Spam blocker too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back