VOA, Super TECH Advanced Full Synthetic, 5W-20

Kind of a low TBN for their “advanced“ oil, no? Isn’t that the 15,000 mile oil by them?
I'll throw this out there, aren't different additive packages more adept at maintaining TBN longer, thus it don't read as high to begin with? Meaning the amounts in there don't deplete as fast (what's in there is "more durable" for lack of a better term) as other additive packages?

I'll throw this out there, aren't different additive packages more adept at maintaining TBN longer, thus it don't read as high to begin with? Meaning the amounts in there don't deplete as fast (what's in there is "more durable" for lack of a better term) as other additive packages?
Not sure what affects TBN durability as far as the formulation goes, but I agree that it's longevity is more important than the actual VOA number. I look more at the starting point and what it ends up at to see if it holds well in my application. If it were 6 and ended up a 3 at my OCI, I'd be good with that.

I know M1 has excellent long drain oils, but if I can use Super Tech for a lot cheaper I might give it a go. On the other hand, if I could extend my OCI, I could possibly go a whole year with only two oil changes and go with M1 5w-30 EP using their rebate, which would end up around the same price as Super Tech Advanced.
Super tech is only about .50 cents cheaper per quart. Unless maintaining a fleet of vehicles; 6 or more. I'd fork out the extra 50 cents per quart to use what I like. CASTROL Gold Bottle 🍼 is my personal fav.

Really close. The high mileage is nearly identical!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220430-110819.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-110819.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 73
Super tech is only about .50 cents cheaper per quart. Unless maintaining a fleet of vehicles; 6 or more. I'd fork out the extra 50 cents per quart to use what I like. CASTROL Gold Bottle 🍼 is my personal fav.
For that price, you can get Valvoline, Quaker State, Castrol GtX synthetic..

Back