VOA on 5w20 Kirkland synthetic

I would like to see a VOA on Kirkland synthetic 5W20 I seen it on Super tech and Amazon, I actually want to see it on Kirkland. I know they are similar. I just recently picked up a case. I don't even know the flashpoint or anything..
Thank you. Not sure if anybody can help me..

Reactions: JC1
Since you bought some, why don't you send in a VOA? If there was one already done by a member, they would've posted it.

I would like to see a VOA on Kirkland synthetic 5W20 I seen it on Super tech and Amazon, I actually want to see it on Kirkland. I know they are similar. I just recently picked up a case. I don't even know the flashpoint or anything..
Thank you. Not sure if anybody can help me..
I see threads of VOAs on Kirkland 5w-30 from PQIA, from Dec 2020, should be similar with exception of viscosity.

Contact Warren directly. I did last year and the provided a two page spec sheet on Amazon, SuperTech and would probably for Kirkland too. A 5W-20 and 5W-30 of the same make should flow the same in cold temps. The difference is the viscosity at operating temps.

Contact Warren directly. I did last year and the provided a two page spec sheet on Amazon, SuperTech and would probably for Kirkland too. A 5W-20 and 5W-30 of the same make should flow the same in cold temps. The difference is the viscosity at operating temps.
I will call them on Monday thank you!!

I wonder what the flashpoint is, and also the lowest it will flow in the winter. Super tech oil, actually a slightly different.
"Flow" is not important except for flowing to the oil pump pickup tube and not gelling. After that pumpability is the criteria, and both of these are represented by the winter rating of the oil. This oil is pumpable the same as any other 5W rated oil. If you need something that will pump at a lower temperature then you should use a 0W rated oil or an oil pan heater.

As for flash point, are you worried the oil is in danger of ignition when in the presence of a flame?

Back