Vitour tires: reviews or comments/opinions?

I (if nothing else) like the look of the Vitour Galaxy R1 tires with the wide whitewalls. They would suit my old Cadillacs in P235/70R15 and P225/75R15 perfectly. And they have an "A" traction and temperature rating.

Does anyone have experience with these? Are they really just 'Summer' tires?
Comments/opinions/stories are welcome. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1603970538130.png
    1603970538130.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 68
That is advertised as summer tire and looks like it would perform poorly in snow. The tire looks like it has a quiet tread pattern.

Yes skyactiv -- with the distinctive center block tread it almost reminds me of some Yokohama tires that I've had in the past.
Likely this is a "fair weather tire" outside of the Summer if you live in a climate that gets any snow or ice.
I'm in Boca Raton, Florida so it should not matter, although wet traction is important to me especially during the Summer when we get so much rain. The General Altimax RT43, for example, that I have on my 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS are relatively garbage in the wet weather: screeches from a red light start, and sliding on even slightly sudden stops if there's any wetness on the road.

So by "Summer Tire" I take it mostly this indicates just a tire that does better without ice and snow(?)
No need to actually swap them out in Fall or Spring..?

What do people think? And any further thoughts on the Vitours?

Back