Vitamin D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be VERY careful with taking too much zinc or D.

40mg of daily zinc is the upper limit. Too much zinc can have a bad effect of reducing copper in the body. 100mg of zinc a day is WAY too much unless you are being supervised by a doctor on the matter.

Also, vitamin C can also be detrimental in higher doses, with some correlations to kidney stones from excessive C intake. 500mg should be enough daily for most people unless directed otherwise by a doctor.

This is just info I have gathered in my research of these topics. I can post links to sources if anyone wishes.
At the onset of the pandemic I was taking a lot of supplements. D, C, multi... After a few months I saw some dark urine one day and then some very dark drops of urine. About 6 hours later the worst pain of my life. Kidney stones. Uric acid ones. Who knows if the high supplement intake caused the kidney stones but my advice is if you're going to take high levels of supplements is to drink a lot of water. My urologist just shrugged as to the cause and said drink more water. A lot of water to prevent them. I had a few more left in me that showed up on CT scan but they passed without much drama.

The thing nobody ever tells you when you're taking LOTS of Vitamin D (and 5000 IU is not a lot by any means once you've researched it) is that you have to offset the D3 with vitamin K2.

I personally supplement with 50,000 IU per day of D3 and have a blood level that hovers around 105ng/ml which is in my personal comfort zone after research. I also take 1.2mg of K2 to keep the calcium headed to my bones and not my soft tissues or kidneys. Blood work looks good and Dr. is happy with all other metrics.

Research Jeff Bowles for high-dose D3 therapy, and there are several articles on Nexus Magazine as well (not tainted by US MSM or mainstream medical salesmanship). Make your own decisions regarding your health!

The thing nobody ever tells you when you're taking LOTS of Vitamin D (and 5000 IU is not a lot by any means once you've researched it) is that you have to offset the D3 with vitamin K2.

I personally supplement with 50,000 IU per day of D3 and have a blood level that hovers around 105ng/ml which is in my personal comfort zone after research. I also take 1.2mg of K2 to keep the calcium headed to my bones and not my soft tissues or kidneys. Blood work looks good and Dr. is happy with all other metrics.

Research Jeff Bowles for high-dose D3 therapy, and there are several articles on Nexus Magazine as well (not tainted by US MSM or mainstream medical salesmanship). Make your own decisions regarding your health!
After reading some of the studies (Cleveland Clinic for one) about D3 shortage and the disease we must not reference, I'm up to 2700 iu, but 50 thou?

For most, a little sunlight a day takes care of business. That, or we wouldn't be here.
That would depend on the foods you eat, how much time you spend in the sun and how exposed you are, if you wear sunscreen, and on your age. Studies keep showing that many people are D-deficient. A simple blood test can show your D level.

csandste said:
After reading some of the studies (Cleveland Clinic for one) about D3 shortage and the disease we must not reference, I'm up to 2700 iu, but 50 thou?

50k IU is 1.25 MILLIgrams. Works out to .00004 ounces. Before the FDA starting making people "healthier" in the 1920s, D3 was measured in mg, and people would take D3 in doses of multiple milligrams. It's a Jedi mind trick, to make you think you're taking crazy amounts of something that's actually good for you, all the meantime you're still deficient and none the wiser.

There's medical studies of people taking something like 2 million IU per day for long, extended periods of time with no side effects. It's all the benefits of real sunshine without the risks of UV radiation burns.

Boy 50,000 sounds like a lot.

Been having full blood work ups twice a year since 2011. Vitamin D was on the lower side but nothing to worry about then a couple years ago it dropped so Dr but me on 5000 IU of D3 with K2. Next workup was still low so now I take 10,000 UI with K2 and now she is happy. The supplements I take have 1500mcg K2 and D3 in one tab.

B12 was also low so 1000mcg a day. After a couple weeks of taking these I really felt I had a tad bit more get up an go.

For hose taking zinc supplements, be careful, too much can cause a copper deficiency. Not recommended to take from than 40 mg a day.

As for Vit D, several docs I know have recommended 4000 iu/day.

Vitamin A800 ug ( ug being micrograms)100% daily recommended dose
Vitamin B11.1 mg100%
Vitamin B21.4 mg100%
Vitamin B316mg100%
Vitamin B56mg100%
Vitamin B61.4mg100%
Vitamin B850 ug100%
Folic acid200 ug100%
Vitamin B122.5 ug100%
Vitamin C80 mg100%
Vitamin D5 ug100%
Vitamin E12 mg100%
Vitamin K75 ug100%
Calcium160 mg20%
Chromium25 ug63%
Iron14 mg100%
Phosphorous105 mg15%
Iodine150 ug100%
Copper1.5 mg150%
Magnesium125 mg33%
Manganese1 mg50%
Moly25 ug50%
Selenium25 ug45%
Zinc15 mg150%

I take one tablet a day, if I remember to do it. I found that if I take the tablets for a while I seem to gain weight though...

That is sound advice for sure. I think many people are likely low in vitamin D especially in winter and even in summer many people are not out in the sun and when they are they use sunscreen which blocks vitamin D production. Lots of research studies indicate that blood levels above 30ng/ml result in better outcomes with regard to fending off respiratory illnesses. I take 5000IU a day plus whatever I get in my multi which is Naturmade multi 50 plus for men no iron. It has 1000 IU of D as well, plus whatever amount I might get from regular food. That vitamin has vitamin K as as well. I dont know how much D I get from food on average . I eat eggs a couple times a week and oatmeal most mornings. Milk and cheese and yougurt has vitamin D but rarely eat those foods and what little milk I use in oatmeal likely does not add much in Vitamin D. Without supplements I would struggle to get enough. VA tested my D levels about 4 years ago and I was low about 15ng/ml Doc suggested I take vitamin D 10,000 a day for 90 days to get levels up. Next test I was at 83ng/ml and VA doc dropped me down to 5000 IU of vitamin D as a maintenance dose.

Dr John Campbell you tube page has many studies about benefits of Vitamin D. In this Video Dr Fauci takes 6000IU of D per day as per the email.at about the 50 to 60 second mark of the video.

Anyone that is taking a vitamin supplement is obviously worried about something but with out knowing for sure you may be wasting your money or in worse case doing more harm than good. The only way to now for sure is to get a blood workup, kind of like getting a UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back