Vision-OE new power steering pumps/Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vision-OE used to be called Visteon Aftermarket. They are part of BBB Industries one way or another.

There is finally a new power steering pump available from Vision-OE for late 80's to early 2000 model GM vehicles with 2.8, 3.1 and 3.4 engines.

Tired of the reman pumps. The reman I have on now is very loud on cold mornings, and I think it's going to get worse like they always do. It has a lifetime warranty, but I have been down this road many times from bad out of the box, or lucky to last a month.

Does anybody know if the Vision-OE pumps are any good? I will gladly pay for a new pump if I can actually buy a pump that works like it should without making a ton of noise. Otherwise, I will probably be yanking the reman off, and going to O'Reilly for a free replacement.

Vision-OE

I use powersteering.com. The owner is very knowledgeable and honest. I would send OEM to get rebuilt. But, I'm sure you no longer have the OEM. No experience with Vision. Stay away from Cardone.

OEM pump has been long gone!

Yes Cardone reman has been trash. The manager at a warehouse for Advance Auto told me about 1.5 years ago that there were bad Cardone pumps, but they did not know which ones. I think he knew he was just not saying. After the second Cardone reman did not work, I asked for my money back, and he obliged plus gave me a quart of PS fluid.

Been on the O'Reilly reman for about 1.5 years now, and it's taking a dump.

What car is this for exactly?

Because I randomly looked up a 98 Malibu on Rockauto, with the 3.1, and there is a brand new GM Original Equipment PS pump listed. Part number 19299119

If that pump won't fit your car, Lares makes good reman pumps

Pump needed is for a 1992 Cutlass Supreme with 3.1 engine not the 3100.

Originally Posted by BigD1
OEM pump has been long gone!

Yes Cardone reman has been trash. The manager at a warehouse for Advance Auto told me about 1.5 years ago that there were bad Cardone pumps, but they did not know which ones. I think he knew he was just not saying. After the second Cardone reman did not work, I asked for my money back, and he obliged plus gave me a quart of PS fluid.

Been on the O'Reilly reman for about 1.5 years now, and it's taking a dump.

You're lucky to get 1.5 years out of a Cardone! Well done!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Trav
Get one from the GM dealer for $35+ 15 core. Being part of the OE parts system its better than the retail Advantage and Pro lines.

GM Pump

I looked at that pump earlier, and thought to myself that's cheap for a GM reman. Then looked at the schematic, and there is no pump there. It's the wrong schematic. I think what is happening it's a reman, so there is no schematic for it.

I did find the new pump, but it's no longer available from GM. A few on Ebay, but I am not paying $450 to $500 for a PS pump.

New GM Pump

Originally Posted by BigD1
Vision-OE used to be called Visteon Aftermarket. They are part of BBB Industries one way or another.

Vision-OE

Visteon Remanufacturing, Incorporated manufactures and supplies automotive products to auto makers in North America. It offers rack and pinions, power steering pumps, power steering gears, starters, gear boxes, and alternators. Visteon Remanufacturing, Incorporated was formerly known as LTD Parts, Incorporated. The company was incorporated in 1989 and is based in Sparta, Tennessee. It has manufacturing facilities in Sparta, Tennessee; and Reynosa, Mexico. As of April 26, 2010, Visteon Remanufacturing, Incorporated operates as a subsidiary of BBB Industries, LLC.

So this company has no relation to Visteon Corporation?

Last edited:
Trav, that one will work.

I think I might just take a chance, and order the GM reman from the local Chevy dealer, and just hope I get a good one. When It comes in, I can take the core, and get my core money back.

I did not know there was a GM reman line of parts that are better quality than the ACDelco Pro/Advantage reman stuff. Now I do thanks.

Rock Auto list...

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/oldsmobile,1992,cutlass+supreme,3.1l+v6,1223233,steering,power+steering+pump,7380

I would get the N7340105, and add a Wix 33033 filter to the return line.

What fluid are you running? I use Dexron III in my pump...

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
Rock Auto list...

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/oldsmobile,1992,cutlass+supreme,3.1l+v6,1223233,steering,power+steering+pump,7380

I would get the N7340105, and add a Wix 33033 filter to the return line.

The GM Original Equipment reman seems like the way to go here
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back