Viscosity of Kohler Magnum 30 and Mobil 1 V Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I find what the viscosity of Kohler Magnum 30 and Mobil 1 V Twin 20W-50 engine oil would be after 10, 20 and 50 hours run time?

Originally Posted By: Gravely20G
How can I find what the viscosity of Kohler Magnum 30 and Mobil 1 V Twin 20W-50 engine oil would be after 10, 20 and 50 hours run time?

Wow.. There's so many variables that could potentially effect it, you could never predict such a thing. You could send out a UOA every other day and your results will always vary. It totally depends on your specific usage, state of tune of the engine, ambient temps, fuel quality, air quality... the list goes on. Why would you sweat such a thing? Start with a quality oil, change it at a reasonable interval and don't think in between.

Joel

In my Briggs VanGuard (Dhatsu) and after 50 hrs 16 HP engine...M-1 V-Twin sheared to a 40wt according to Blackstone.

I swithched to Motul 15W-50 Grp. V Synthetic Motorcycle oil...Blackstone ...after 50 hrs...remained a 50 wt.

fyi...not a biggie in V-Twin going to a 40 wt...just a bit spuprised of how much heat and shearing force a V-Twin Aircooled engine can generate.

Originally Posted By: Pete591

In my Briggs VanGuard (Dhatsu) and after 50 hrs 16 HP engine...M-1 V-Twin sheared to a 40wt according to Blackstone.

I swithched to Motul 15W-50 Grp. V Synthetic Motorcycle oil...Blackstone ...after 50 hrs...remained a 50 wt.

fyi...not a biggie in V-Twin going to a 40 wt...just a bit spuprised of how much heat and shearing force a V-Twin Aircooled engine can generate.

I would say one would be fine with a 40w if it sheared,thats plenty heavy IMO, i'm running ACD in mine for what its worth.

how was the rest of your report,wear metals??

Originally Posted By: daman

I would say one would be fine with a 40w if it sheared,thats plenty heavy IMO, i'm running ACD in mine for what its worth.

No wear metals noted @ 50 hrs.

Originally Posted By: daman

No wear metals noted @ 50 hrs.

Really? wow.

I expect no less with M-1 V-Twin....It's a GRP IV+ with 1600ppm of ZDDP.

It is one of the top 3 synthetic out there I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back