Viscosity in US for 2002 Blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the viscosity and the question of whether the manufacturers vary visc. for CAFE numbers. Yesterday I saw the owners manual for a 2002 Chevy Blazer for export. Recommends 15w40 or 20w50 oils in all engines. Anyone have a book for the U.S.?

I think that is a given. Trucks fall under a different (or non-existant???) CAFE. Hmmmmm... the same engine in a truck calls for a higher viscosity than the same engine in a car.... Hmmmm what could this mean??? Mayber an oil heavier than 30 wt is good??
shocked.gif

Widman, Do you mean the new Trail Blazer with the inline 6 cylinder? My neighbor has one,i'll have to tell him.

Trucks do indeed come under CAFE. They have a lower figure to meet. I think it is 22.5, or close to that. A bill was voted down, that would have combined cars and trucks at the 27 car level.

I didn't check the book to see which engines are offered. Should have. It was a customer's Blazer, so if I am in the office 4,000 miles from now I will ask to see the book again. Maybe he will be in for a wash before that.

Blazer would be the old 190 hp 4.3L V6 Trailblazer would be the all alloy, 270hp 4.2L I6. Both are available for 2002.

quote:

Originally posted by VaderSS:
Blazer would be the old 190 hp 4.3L V6 Trailblazer would be the all alloy, 270hp 4.2L I6. Both are available for 2002.

offtopic.gif
Is'nt that 4.2L having major issues? Also, I hear it uses a panel filter. Maybe someone can confirm this
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back