Virus Scanner For Android Phone

Does anyone use a Virus Scanner for there Android phone? I use the Firefox Browser and it seems to lockup on me quite often and are wondering if I have a virus. BTW I have a Moto G6

I use Kaspersky on Android phone. Personally I think a lot of websites and such are slowed down on purpose. Even on BITOG, sometimes the phone locks up (it just did) and I have to wait for the stupid thing to catch up with my typing.

On the phone I run ublock origin for firefox it makes the phone not choke on the ads.

Reactions: JC1
I use Avira Security on my Android phone. I also use CC Cleaner on all of my PCs and phones in the household. I recommend the paid / premium version for PCs.

Not necessary on Android either, don't sideload or download any oddball apps no one has ever heard of. Web browsing won't pick up a virus.

I admit that I was exaggerating a bit. For me, the life of the phone is the life of the iOS support for the phone, including security updates.
My dad is retired locksmith he would get customers that wanted $300+ deadbolts so no one can break in he would say 1 how good is the door and 2 nothing is unstoppable

My dad is retired locksmith he would get customers that wanted $300+ deadbolts so no one can break in he would say 1 how good is the door and 2 nothing is unstoppable

Not to go too far off topic, but I had to laugh at myself as I replaced the locks upon moving in, using 3” screws. I bet at least one or two of my doors could be kicked in with relative ease...something I should look into. Regardless, I’ve got a sliding door which would likely provide even easier access.

I don’t treat my iPhone as if it’s impenetrable. I use it like I use all of my gadgets, with OPSEC in mind. If we’re hacked, it will be my wife’s fault.

I've been using cell phones for decades. Have never used any virus protection and never had a problem. Android, iPhone, even MS for a few months.

Back