Virgin Napa Gold 1347 C&P with element weights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to use this as a "max oversize" filter for the Impreza, which calls for a 6607 I think (Napa 7712 - TINY!) but the gasket matches and this should stick down far enough that I don't need a wrench to get the thing off. It looks pretty good to me, but I would prefer a metal crimp seam. But, I'll use one for about a 7.5k interval and see how it looks. I think I paid about $4.50 for this on the Farm and Fleet sale, otherwise about $9.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

51347 is a WIX oil filter.

If you chop off the leading 5 digit, it becomes a NAPA Gold part number: 1347.

thumbsup2.gif
I just know it's about 6 times bigger than the "OEM" size, and I want to try one because I'll be able to reach it without tools or slicing my hands on the exhaust shields. Why Subaru did the exhaust this way on the Impreza vs. the great setup on Foresters, I'll never understand. My hands are "meaty" and I can't even get in to wrap my hand around the filter- and using a filter wrench takes about 2 dozen quarter-turns because of physical restrictions.

Filter looks good if you have a use for it, and the space. I believe this is PH3600/ Wix 51516 size, just with metric baseplate, for size comparisons.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Man, wasting a lot of good filter for "science"

I think we know what a WIX looks like.

Jeepers!

Rant Over.

I was bored, had extra filters, crappy weather, and a new filter cutter. My bad
lol.gif

Occasionally I like the banter. I think he missed the point of the exercise is all. Not everyone wants to pay $8-12 for an oil filter but they want to know what the MICs and other "cheap" filters look like. You and I try to help the 99%ers lol

I'm hoping the next four years will make American oil filter manufacturing great again...
lol.gif

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I think foreign oil filter manufacturing will be trumped by the U.S.

+1. There are plenty of previously shuttered manufacturing sites that could be repurposed for so many new products. Some, like the old 1M+ square foot Borg-Warner plant in Muncie, have already been razed. But the potential is out there in the correct conditions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back