Virgin means from an unopened bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vehicle requires 5.2L of oil.

I have been using QHorsepower 5W30 for the past couple of OCIs but with the goofy sump size I have leftover QH. Has anyone seen QH as a VOA? If not I am willing to send it in for analysis but I am just wondering if this unused but exposed to air oil affects the analysis?

Short-term exposure to air only counts as "heavy petting." I think you're OK.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
What's your sump size? Why notjust overfill a bit? Mine truck takes 4.7L, and I always put in 5L

Calls for 5.2 litres :(.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
It's nice of you to offer but save your dough for a UOA.

I dont mind giving back to BITOG. And given that I am using QH in my cars a VOA would help in the analysis of a QH UOA.

Then just put in 5L and be done with it. The add mark on the dipstick is going to be when it down one liter, so 5 is stiil more than when you would add on the dipstick marks. 200ml of oil will make no diff

Then just put in 5L and be done with it.

That's easy enough when one has individual litre bottles but the sale was for 4.4 litre jugs which I stocked up on.

I am not complaining too much.

What I do then is buy a litre of the same stuff and top it up. Save the remainder for next change/top up

You and I think alike
cheers3.gif
. That is what I have done for the past couple of changes. So I used some of the left over from the 1 litre bottle(s) for the virgin sample that I sent off this afternoon.

I've had some weird VOA's from unopened bottles that I didn't shake before sending out. Could certainly be the lab and I know VOA's can be pretty subjective, but I wonder how much separation there is of additives when oil sits undisturbed for a while?

A virgin oil analysis should really be stated as a, "Clean Oil Analysis."

It simply means oil that has not been run in a machine or tampered with.

Quote:
I've had some weird VOA's from unopened bottles that I didn't shake before sending out.

Ummm, how can you get a VOA ("Clean Oil Analysis")
if you don't open the bottle?
grin2.gif
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
A virgin oil analysis should really be stated as a, "Clean Oil Analysis."

It simply means oil that has not been run in a machine or tampered with.

Quote:
I've had some weird VOA's from unopened bottles that I didn't shake before sending out.

Ummm, how can you get a VOA ("Clean Oil Analysis")
if you don't open the bottle?
grin2.gif
lol.gif

He must send the whole bottle in and then they magically extract it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back