Virgin Galactic / The Spaceship Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that!! If you are not familiar with it, its worth looking into... This is spaceship two.. It has taken a while but it still has a lot of merit. It is starting the commercial space travel industry. I think its really amazing that Paul Allen and Richard Branson have started and continued this vision.

Sim would be fun but a ticket to ride is spam in the can which is a emotional dribble compared to the emotional rush of piloting...

Right now there really isn't anyone doing commercial space travel. I think I remember hearing of a country allowing riders on their rocket to the space station but at a cost of tens of millions of dollars. So $250k ticket opens up the door for many more people to get a taste. And the more that ride, the cheaper it will get. It may be hard to understand the draw of it, especially since I don't have the funds so it is out of reach for me by a long ways... but for those who can afford it, it has opened up a lot for the future. This is just the start, I bet once this gets going and the others chasing Virgin Galactic get going, the industry will grow and advance by leaps and bounds...

I thought we had the Tic Tac technology back in 2004 (based on the naval ufo encounter thread here). Pretty much renders this "spaceship" obsolete before it's first launch.

If we do, it is not being used for civilian commercial space travel. This is not government funded, commercial space travel. As far as I know, this company will be the first and only one.

Currently UFOs are unidentified... so this is all we know for sure about TicTacs...

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back