Viral TikTok shows steak locked up to prevent theft at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do that with Costco chickens, cost is the same or cheaper than quality dog food.
That's because Costco chicken is probably worth $7 a chicken or more. I think they basically said they lose about 40 million a year on the chicken and they sell 100 million chickens a year. Probably should be $8-$9 if they want to make a little profit. They also do 3 pound chickens, those grocery store chickens are usually under 3 pounds and some are under 2 pounds. You basically can't buy cooked chicken meat for basically $1.66 a pound.

Life is to short to eat a Walmart steak even if it's free
I like the snobbery. There's basically 4 beef processing companies in the US. Even if you don't buy your steaks at Walmart, it probably came from the same company that processed it. Sorta like how all gas comes from the same terminal, just different additives.

That's because Costco chicken is probably worth $7 a chicken or more. I think they basically said they lose about 40 million a year on the chicken and they sell 100 million chickens a year. Probably should be $8-$9 if they want to make a little profit. They also do 3 pound chickens, those grocery store chickens are usually under 3 pounds and some are under 2 pounds. You basically can't buy cooked chicken meat for basically $1.66 a pound.
Correct, the chickens are a loss leader, same with Sams Club, but I don't feel comfortable giving Sams Club chicken to the dog, there is a lot more sodium in them as tested by Consumer Reports. *LOL*
Both places sell only 3 pound chickens. Supermarkets and Walmart 2+ lbs.;)

I paid for the bottle of water and the $125 worth of merchandise in my shopping cart.
Usually, the common sense of people I know say buy a bottle of water at checkout alone, then drink it, then go back into the store to continue shopping those $125 worth of merchandise.

Common sense of most people would understand if you are drinking water before paying, you may also correlate to the people who would push $125 full of merchandise and not pay.

Kroger is the same. They are pushing their own app. I just use my Apple Card
Yeah, this stuff REALLY annoys me and I wont give in, everyone wants their app on your device and the reason, to gather information on you.

Sams Club App is great though, you can check out using your phone, no need to go to a register.

Costco is the worst as far as I am concerned. We just tried it so we could check out like in Sams Club, in order to use it like Sams Club.
However after downloading the App we found out Cosco won't give you an option for payment methods, the only option is to get a Costco Charge card, freak that, Obnoxious of them. Supposed to cater to a more affluent customer, well, that kind of flies in the face of it as far as I am concerned. Makes Sams Club look good to me.

I see it annoys other people too, that's good, things will change if people dont give in to selective payment methods to force a customer into using something.

Last edited:
Sorry I asked, seemed a bit complicated. That's the problem with those 2-5% cards, too many rules to keep track off otherwise you end up with less than 2%. I think too much mental gymnastics to be worth it. I don't think I spend 10k on restaurants in a year. But if you did, that works out to $300. Sign up for an account figure out how to use their website, login to track expenses make sure nothing out of the ordinary show up, not really worth it, easier to have everything in one statement.
Never end up with less than 2%. But, like anything in life, we all have different hobbies. This one not worth it to you.
My wife and I by using credit cards received over $2000 in cash back from banks last year, that makes it a fun thing for us even though we are kind of out of things to buy anymore.
Crap I even have a Maui Jim Sunglass collection paid for by them and even though Im not a fan of Costa they had a nice frame/lens color combination that I just bought two weeks ago. I tried to custom order a similar item from Maui Jim but supply issue on the frames. :eek:)
Gosh, throw in two Mac computers ... ear buds... ya da ya da ... its just a fun thing for us. Some people bet on sports teams, some lottery tickets, others whatever, we do the sure thing and have banks give us the money for free.

I like the snobbery. There's basically 4 beef processing companies in the US. Even if you don't buy your steaks at Walmart, it probably came from the same company that processed it. Sorta like how all gas comes from the same terminal, just different additives.

Lets not forget some VERY rich and powerful groups do not want you eating beef, its a fact that they are behind the non meat plant based, tastes like meat movement for the general population. Plant based burgers, plant based chop meat. plant based chicken. Ect. list is endless. (you can bet they eat Japanese Wagyu Beef though :eek:) These are the people who tell you they are going to lower the temperature of planet earth.
Beef farts add a lot of methane to the atmosphere. (I kid you not)

Its a dangerous slippery slope as far as I am concerned, an experiment if this imitation meat, super processed plant matter and chemicals to taste like meat is dangerous to your health. It certainly is not low in fats and cholesterol. Ill never eat it.

Never end up with less than 2%. But, like anything in life, we all have different hobbies. This one not worth it to you.
My wife and I by using credit cards received over $2000 in cash back from banks last year, that makes it a fun thing for us even though we are kind of out of things to buy anymore.
Crap I even have a Maui Jim Sunglass collection paid for by them and even though Im not a fan of Costa they had a nice frame/lens color combination that I just bought two weeks ago. I tried to custom order a similar item from Maui Jim but supply issue on the frames. :eek:)
Gosh, throw in two Mac computers ... ear buds... ya da ya da ... its just a fun thing for us. Some people bet on sports teams, some lottery tickets, others whatever, we do the sure thing and have banks give us the money for free.
The basic difference is that you're quoting $2k in cash back, I'm just mentioning the difference between 2% and your 5%. You don't get 5% on everything so the total difference from the higher cash back amount is lower. I don't do anything extra with the money, it just goes back into my Fidelity cash account so it basically just gets re-invested.

The basic difference is that you're quoting $2k in cash back, I'm just mentioning the difference between 2% and your 5%. You don't get 5% on everything so the total difference from the higher cash back amount is lower. I don't do anything extra with the money, it just goes back into my Fidelity cash account so it basically just gets re-invested.
Different strokes, all good. Groceries are a pretty big element in peoples life, always get 5% cash back on my wife's card, but only 2% at Sams, Costco or Walmart, restaurants min 3% to 5% in summer. 2000k is 2000k in free stuff, we enjoy it.

Lets not forget some VERY rich and powerful groups do not want you eating beef, its a fact that they are behind the non meat plant based, tastes like meat movement for the general population. Plant based burgers, plant based chop meat. plant based chicken. Ect. list is endless. (you can bet they eat Japanese Wagyu Beef though :eek:) This are the people who tell you they are going to lower the temperature of planet earth.

What does that even mean? There are very rich and powerful groups that don't want you to use Apple products (Microsoft, Google) and there are also rich and power groups that don't want you using Microsoft, Google products (Apple). Those plant based groups are much smaller than the beef producers. There's always groups interested in pushing their preferred goods. Uber doesn't want you to take public transportation, bike, walk etc, . What of it?

What does that even mean? There are very rich and powerful groups that don't want you to use Apple products (Microsoft, Google) and there are also rich and power groups that don't want you using Microsoft, Google products (Apple). Those plant based groups are much smaller than the beef producers. There's always groups interested in pushing their preferred goods. Uber doesn't want you to take public transportation, bike, walk etc, . What of it?
Politics not allowed in here, lets say the influence of people on politics. I dont agree with your statement above, they are much more powerful than the companies you mention. My opinion, done discussing.

Plant based means nothing and it’s a farce. Beef is plant based if you think about it.

Everything has to be plant based these days. People go shopping and they see a product, oooh it’s plant based. It’s hilarious.

I have seen a new product where I shop. It’s oatmeal and it says right on the label that it’s plant based. 🤦‍♂️ I wonder how many are falling for that? By the way it’s at least twice the price of the other oatmeal.

Politics not allowed in here, lets say the influence of people on politics. I dont agree with your statement above, they are much more powerful than the companies you mention. My opinion, done discussing.
Oh yeah, you're trying to make it political. But I have no interest in trying those plant based stuff. There's always start ups that try to change public opinion but they usually pewter out after a while. I'd point to the Prius, used to be how it was going to take over the world, but eventually sales declined as people got over it. Let's see, companies more powerful than Google, Apple, Microsoft? Those are some of the largest companies and highest market value companies out there. You need to get real. Usually when people don't want to discuss it, it's because they can't make their case. I'm always open for discussion, show your proofs and show your work. Following the scientific method also means being open to a change in opinion based on the data. No data means nothing to back up your statements.

Yeah, this stuff REALLY annoys me and I wont give in, everyone wants their app on your device and the reason, to gather information on you.

Sams Club App is great though, you can check out using your phone, no need to go to a register.

Costco is the worst as far as I am concerned. We just tried it so we could check out like in Sams Club, in order to use it like Sams Club.
However after downloading the App we found out Cosco won't give you an option for payment methods, the only option is to get a Costco Charge card, freak that, Obnoxious of them. Supposed to cater to a more affluent customer, well, that kind of flies in the face of it as far as I am concerned. Makes Sams Club look good to me.

I see it annoys other people too, that's good, things will change if people dont give in to selective payment methods to force a customer into using something.
As far as I know Costco only takes Visa, but it doesn’t have to be their Costco Visa.

Lets not forget some VERY rich and powerful groups do not want you eating beef, its a fact that they are behind the non meat plant based, tastes like meat movement for the general population. Plant based burgers, plant based chop meat. plant based chicken. Ect. list is endless. (you can bet they eat Japanese Wagyu Beef though :eek:) These are the people who tell you they are going to lower the temperature of planet earth.

Its a dangerous slippery slope as far as I am concerned, an experiment if this imitation meat, super processed plant matter and chemicals to taste like meat is dangerous to your health. It certainly is not low in fats and cholesterol. Ill never eat it.

My mom is very powerful, she also told me to eat my vegetables when I was a kid. I don't like it one bit but I have to eat them because she's that powerful.

It is a dangerous slippery slope if I keep listening to her, one day I may want to get laid and if my girl finds out she may dump me for a more independent guy.

For years, I've always thought that eventually there will be stores where all products are under/behind glass....something like a candy vending machine. In other words, you pay for it and the machine drops it down for you to pick up. We're getting closer to that. As most of you know, a lot of smaller automotive items at WM are now behind locked glass.
Automats making a come back!

Plant based means nothing and it’s a farce. Beef is plant based if you think about it.

Everything has to be plant based these days. People go shopping and they see a product, oooh it’s plant based. It’s hilarious.

I have seen a new product where I shop. It’s oatmeal and it says right on the label that it’s plant based. 🤦‍♂️ I wonder how many are falling for that? By the way it’s at least twice the price of the other oatmeal.
Kinda like the gluten free Sea Salt I recently saw. Really!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back