Viral TikTok shows steak locked up to prevent theft at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral TikTok shows steak locked up to prevent theft at Walmart​

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had Walmart close at 5pm a few times.... I do my best to get food when I can, there are some items missing (last two times I looked for the $1 burrito,) I'm making use of the canned food, me myself I am also attempting portion control.

They lock up a lot of small inexpensive items at our local WM. I get annoyed when I have to track down an employee to unlock a $5 item and usually wind up just buying it elsewhere- often on Amazon before even leaving the store. I sometimes wonder if they lose more sales this way than what they would be losing to theft.

If it is a smash and grab, I always thought store LPs were not allowed to lay hands on the person? Not everyone does this but, as mentioned, was this an isolated incident or are Smash and Grab robberies on the rise again?

Man would I hate to work in retail loss prevention. The amount of theft at a store like Walmart is mind blowing. I don’t blame them for trying to protect their merchandise.

Ah yes, Walmart.

Using the country's infrastructure to build their massive empire while exploiting their workers - relying on the the taxpayers to subsidize their pay with government benefits. And people just eat it up because they can get their Chinese crap for cheap.

I think I'll go to Walmart and steal some steaks on principle.

For years, I've always thought that eventually there will be stores where all products are under/behind glass....something like a candy vending machine. In other words, you pay for it and the machine drops it down for you to pick up. We're getting closer to that. As most of you know, a lot of smaller automotive items at WM are now behind locked glass.

For years, I've always thought that eventually there will be stores where all products are under/behind glass....something like a candy vending machine. In other words, you pay for it and the machine drops it down for you to pick up. We're getting closer to that. As most of you know, a lot of smaller automotive items at WM are now behind locked glass.

In 1950's grocery stores the fresh meat was behind a counter, you had to talk to someone to get it. Stolen raw steaks are easily fenced to restaurant owners, that has been going on for a long time.

In 1950's grocery stores the fresh meat was behind a counter, you had to talk to someone to get it. Stolen raw steaks are easily fenced to restaurant owners, that has been going on for a long time.
The Starsky's stores in Toronto is still that way, its an eastern European grocery store. The meat counter in near 100' long with ~10 or more people behind the counter. You still pay at the checkout though.
Consequence free brazen theft has to be stopped somehow though, if not, it leads to ID cards(maybe imbedded microchips!) for store entry, second class citizens, dystopian futures stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back