VIP look, love it or hate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the more unfortunate things about owning an import and being on an import board is the ricer stuff you have to put up with when people turn a nice semi-luxury car into a slammed cambered POS. Just wondering how many here like it and how many hate it. I'll get some pics together in a few to show examples.

I like Asian cars but to me it's a simple A to B carrying device that needs to be reliable and affordable and nothing more.

Every time I see someone with one of those R-Mobiles and think of all the money IMO, they have wasted. I stop and think about all the money I have saved and the retirement I'm going to have while they are still working after 55.

cool.gif

I like functional mods. I prefer the look of a stock well kept car, keep the "show" mods to a minimum.

I had a 93 Sentra that was a popular car to mod. On one Nissan forum a "dude" was spending $10,000 on mods and doled it out to someone. Well, it did not go so well. That is more then I paid for my Sentra used! I am the more the going from point A to B buyer. Would like to get a Corolla next time around.

To me, the cars look broken, like there's a problem with the suspension.

I have modded my daily driver TL even though I said I never would. But I'm using springs with a .5" drop, it basically gets rid of some of the huge factory fender gap, and these were the tallest performance springs I could get my hands on.

I can't imagine destroying the handling of a car, not to mention the countless other drawbacks to being on the bumpstops. Pics still coming, I can't post pictures from this computer.

Nothing wrong with a small drop. I saw a lowered Mustang GT the other day that looked darn good dropped. Still some fender gap, just not as much as factory.

What is criminal is having a coffee-can exhaust on a car that clearly does not have a turbo from all the sound coming out of it.

I can't stand it. Most of it is for a poser look, not functional or worth anything.

Real, useful mods with minimal change to how the vehicle looks are different.

Most big aftermarket wheels look ridiculous, IMO.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I can't stand it. Most of it is for a poser look, not functional or worth anything.

Real, useful mods with minimal change to how the vehicle looks are different.

Most big aftermarket wheels look ridiculous, IMO.
Well said!

There are some cars that really rock a lowered look. Maybe not extreme lowering, but some to close the wheel gaps.

My car for example has huge wheel gaps in stock form. Some of the people on maxima.org have some really nice looking lowered cars.

This is mine and my "Willow Springs" setup. Stock rims and no body "enhancements". Some can tell it's been lowered, some don't notice. Exactly what I want, a huge performance upgrade but looks close to stock.

This is someone's idea of what looks nice. To be fair, it's on air so it's not always this low.

Yours is very nice, but I really like the white one, but lowered to the amount your is. That white or whitish colour is very nice on that car.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Yours is very nice, but I really like the white one, but lowered to the amount your is. That white or whitish colour is very nice on that car.

It was a tough desicion when buying mine to decide between white or black. IMO, those were the only two colors I would consider. My preference is still black but white is a very close second place.

Oh, and the exhaust tips on that white one are not stock, they don't stretch like that.

I try and keep mine stock looking even though I have every suspension mod known to man and over $4K in audio. Even the 13" brakes I ordered will fit under the stock rims and the "Wilwood" on the calipers is getting painted over when I paint the red calipers black. This is what I enjoy doing, keeping it looking stock.

Last edited:
I guess I'd say 'to each thier own'. I don't get the ultra lowered look.

I will say this, I like the lines of that year model much better than the new TL. IMO, the new TL lines are just plain ugly.

I liked the old TSX lines too. The new TSX is not bad looking.

I'd have to say that my favorite Acura was the Vigor. The example I got to run was a black on black, with leather. That longitudinal in-line 5-cylinder engine with a 5-speed manual was an absolute joy. It was a car that made it quite clear that Honda/Acura were aiming at Audi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back