Vintage HP copier worth buying ink for?

My father bought this 20-25 years ago and served him well to the end, so it hasn't been used in over 10 years. I plugged it in today and it works, but the ink cartridges are all dried out. Is it worth spending $15-$20 on new ink to try and get, what, $30 or $40 for it? Do people want these old but solidly built machines?

HP-Color-Copier-120.jpg

My printer is also an older model. The ink, black and color, now cost over $100. for both and I will not spend that much!!!!!

I would put it to use somewhere it it will run with your computer.. The old ones are built much better and seem to have higher ink capacities.. My printers are over ten years old. They do what I need them to do. I have no problem buying toner and ink.

HP printers from that era were built like tanks. The new printers are not built anywhere near as good. Yes, it is worth buying ink for IMO.

I thought Frugal People were filling up there own ink cartridges instead of buying them ?

If it's an ink jet I would recycle it. If it's a laser model, it's probably a good unit. I still use a HP LaserJet printer that's about 25 years old. The toner cartridges last for 6000 copies and I buy replacements for $20 every year or so. It just keeps working so I let it.

HP Printers especially older ones are built like tanks, and should be easily refilled. My epson is a pain in the rear with a chip counter, and an ink pad that fills up and renders the printer useless.

Back