Predator Custom Tune
NGK Iridium Plugs
160 Degree Thermostat
Nitto 315/35/17 DR's
450+ rwhp

SS's Mods.......
02 Camaro SS, lingenfelter heads, cam, full exhaust, custom tune
Estimated around 420+ rwhp

A heads and cam Camaro vs a Cobra with a few bolt ons, huh? Who won? I am at work, so I can not view this right now, but my money is on the "bolt-on" Cobra.

Pretty close pull there! Would have been ugly though if the SS was packin an LS1motorsports.com single turbo kit!
cool.gif
Although, for naturally aspirated power, the LS1 is simply unequaled.

Blown Ford vs. a normally aspirated Chevy and it was by a fender length? I guess Fords need all the help they can get.
grin.gif

I love the new factory supercharged Cobra's as they look great and with little $$ can make over 450rwhp @ equal torque very easily. The Cobra in question was running a 2.8" upper blower pulley. Stock pulley is 3.65" and makes 8lbs boost. The 2.8" will put out 14lbs boost. Imagine an LS1 running 14lbs of boost!!
fruit.gif

Vortech makes a bolt on 9lb Blower kit for the LS1 that will make 500rwhp on the stock cam, stock heads and really the only mods needed are a good free flowing exhaust.

I'm guessing the "he'd get murdered from a dead stop" came from the Mustang guy. I think he's wrong! If you want to get an accurate race where most limiting factors are eliminated, then you do a rolling start; which is what they did. I would expect the Cobra to have pull much harder than that; but it didn't. At a track with slicks, the race could be decided by driver skill. It seemed the Cobra began to pull towards the end of the video......but NOT in a "murderous" fashion.

EDIT: Ford should have transplanted the lighting 5.5L to the Cobra "as is." That would make the Cobra even faster and with a lot of potential. The 4.6L is just too little and kinda weak.

[ March 17, 2004, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Last_Z ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back