Video of Amsoil Bypass install on Dodge Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's the MB diesel guy, Dieselgiant! Used your MB diesel videos to work on my old '82 300DT years ago, very helpful. How have the hoses held up on your bypass install? I've not been brave enough to install one, I use the Fleetguard Venturi bypass style filters instead on my '06 in my sig.

Hey Mr Bullwinkle! Those hoses are like new. The have a 500psi burst strength do fine with hot oil. I have the bypass off right now and need to lengthen the hoses for the Frantz. Here is a video I did on the oil refiner.

Frantz Oil Refiner install

I have in my shop a NOS Frantz filter from the '70's that is going on next.....

Originally Posted By: Donald
On Cummins diesel the bypass filter seems more like a solution looking for a problem.

Yea probably. These engines will go forever on mineral oil and cheap fram filters, but I like to make stuff last longer and like to show people what oil can do year after year and watch their face in confusion. So thats why I only use synthetic oil and bypass filtration. Nothing like a great UOA.

Synthetics and BP filters are great tools when used properly! I applaud those who know how to manage long O/FCIs in this regard.

But that does not in any way assure longevity of the engine any more than other options. Longevity is not an exclusive trait unique to only syn/BP.

There was an article in TrailerLife mag a few years ago about a woman who runs a Cummins delivering new trailers to dealers. At that time her truck had 900,000 miles, and got there with just routine maintenance items and frequency. I have no idea where she's at today or what shape the truck is in. But those 900k miles never expensive products.

There was a Ford SuperDuty that had over three million miles on it; it had a three succesive engines that ran approximately a million miles each (Ford 5.4L) using Kendal 10w-40 dino oil and just normal FF filters. Not a drop of syn nor a BP in sight. A million miles for each of three engines.

My point is that BP filter and syns do not assure long engine life. They assure long oil life.

Equipment longevity is a result of a good maintenance program. How one manages that program, with respect to inputs and fiscal controls, is up to the owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back