*Video* Insane Drive Thru Arizona Sandstorm !

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazy.gif

Just like with the twister chasers, I don't know why people tempt nature. In this case this was a head-on tragedy waiting to happen.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=178_1309927981

Here's an even more amazing one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVl2v_5OHuY
shocked.gif

I dont need a vid, I lived it!!. It's the time of year here we are expecting more of the same tonight. My truck looks like a dozer dumped a bucket of dirt over the top of it

These storms are whats know as a Haboob. We get them frequently during our Monsoon season. Power outages, large amounts of rain ( Inches in just minutes ) and 60+ MPH winds acompany a Haboob. It's actually quite a sight to see. I love this time of year in AZ. The lightening is spectacular

Everything is dusty and dull after this storm. I went out a little while ago and I seaw people washing off their cars and driveways.

I now know what my Chevelle would have looked like if it had been a barn find!

This reminds me why I'm leery about *extended* OCIs. I live in a dusty rural area, and while our air is not to this extreme, at harvest time or in strong wind conditions we can get a lot of dust. Some of it is tiny. Anyway, that's the main reason I change at less than 5K.

Originally Posted By: Toy4x4
Everything is dusty and dull after this storm. I went out a little while ago and I seaw people washing off their cars and driveways.

I now know what my Chevelle would have looked like if it had been a barn find!

You got that right. The air quality this morning was the worst I have seen in a longtime if ever here

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
All filters(air, oil, cabin ...) are needed to change after a dust storm like this.

change the car too

Cool, would be cool to see once.

I'm glad I live in CT, one thing I don't have to deal with on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back