Video : 2013 HONDA Fit ATF drain + fill using AMSOIL Signature Series ...

the 5 speed auto shifts smoother with the S.S. Fuel-Efficent fluid
My understanding is that Honda AT fluids do NOT cause smooth shifts by design. They promote being able to distinctly feel the gear changes. Also, this video is literally an advertisement for Amsoil (the poster is one of their MLM resellers).

Originally watched it for How To . Is informative . Not affiliated .

Last edited:
Used Amsoil SS red cap in a 07 Accord. Did 3 drain and refills. Shifts immediately because crisp. Ran this mix for around 20K and over time, the shifts became harsh and sloppy.

Did two drain and refills with Genuine Honda fluid and the issue was mostly resolved. Will do a 3rd at the next oil change.

I cannot recommend using aftermarket fluid in Honda transmissions, at least not for this particular vehicle.

I’ll be using blue cap in our 19 Pilot EXL. Ran Maxlife in our beloved 08 CRV that requires dw1. No issues to 180K when we got ride of it.

My understanding is that Honda AT fluids do NOT cause smooth shifts by design. They promote being able to distinctly feel the gear changes. Also, this video is literally an advertisement for Amsoil (the poster is one of their MLM resellers).
I thought this was the opposite, well at first at least.

Yes that guy is a Dealer, please use this link: ATL, full synthetic low viscosity ATF

Amsoil ATFs: please use this link: Amsoil ATFs

Back