Vibrant Resonators | Vibrant Performance

DR1

Vibrant resonators are no good in my personal experience. There warranty department is the absolute worst! I contacted them and they did reply back, but after I explained my situation they no longer responded back to me.

Extremely unprofessional! If you are thinking about buying a Vibrant Resonator I would suggest that you to save your money. Go with a company like Magnaflow who is superior compared to Vibrant performance. Vibrant - "so called 5 yr warranty" A joke! Magnaflow "Lifetime Warranty".

Vibrant offers what they call an "Ultra quiet resonator". That is the biggest joke on the planet. Just a marketing gimmick! I tried the bottle style resonator and then went to a "Ultra quiet" and they were both absolutely the biggest waste of money! I would like to end with some information that I want every American to know is that Vibrant Performance products are made in China. Yes...CHINA!

Magnaflow is made in the USA!

So I guess my questions are:

1. What are you unhappy with, the ability to quiet the exhaust or its construction/country of origin?
2. What exhaust are you running?

Resonators won't do much for exhaust volume, they are mainly to eliminate raspiness in the exhaust sound. A guy I worked with had a straight piped V8 mustang. He then put a resonator in the exhaust which helped the tone, and eliminated some of the crackling sound, but the volume was still just as loud. If your exhaust is too loud you need a different muffler.

There is a lot more to resonator performance beyond just welding one in.

Perhaps the Vibrant component did not work for your application... That does not make it a component issue.

There is a lot more to resonator performance beyond just welding one in.

Perhaps the Vibrant component did not work for your application... That does not make it a component issue.
This.

Performance exhausts are sold as systems for a reason. Yes, you can get lucky with a muffler swap (we did on our Expedition, the huge factory unit rotted out and we replaced it with a Magnaflow and deleted the resonator and it actually sounded really good, was quiet on the highway...etc) but it can also end up sounding like complete ass like my buddy's Explorer did.

We went Borla on both our vehicles and are very pleased with the sound and quality of both systems. Yeah, it's more money, but you get something that fits properly, has quality piping and looks good post-install.

This.

Performance exhausts are sold as systems for a reason. Yes, you can get lucky with a muffler swap (we did on our Expedition, the huge factory unit rotted out and we replaced it with a Magnaflow and deleted the resonator and it actually sounded really good, was quiet on the highway...etc) but it can also end up sounding like complete *** like my buddy's Explorer did.

We went Borla on both our vehicles and are very pleased with the sound and quality of both systems. Yeah, it's more money, but you get something that fits properly, has quality piping and looks good post-install.
Exactly. These weld-in resonators allow more freedom and require less math than say, a Helmholtz resonator, but they still have a functional window.

Length and diameter of exhaust, number and volume of cylinders, and other factors come into play.

He may have gotten adequate performance from the Vibrant resonator by moving it forward or aft in the exhaust by 6".

This.

Performance exhausts are sold as systems for a reason. Yes, you can get lucky with a muffler swap (we did on our Expedition, the huge factory unit rotted out and we replaced it with a Magnaflow and deleted the resonator and it actually sounded really good, was quiet on the highway...etc) but it can also end up sounding like complete *** like my buddy's Explorer did.

came up with a cheap way for better flow on my 2010 GMC 5.3L ... Walker Quiet Flow sized for LT's running the 454 BBC ...

Back