Veterans Day (Armistice Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Thank You to all of our Veterans past/present.

https://goo.gl/e1iwhv

Veterans Day.jpg

Last edited:
Lest we forget.

On this note, I am quite proud of my oldest daughter. Last year she won 1st place in her age group for her Remembrance Day drawing with the Legion. This year she took first place for her poem. While she has not won awards, my youngest is quite active as well with her drawing and literacy regarding this. I remind my children often about the sacrifices made by the men and woman in uniform.

Ubique

Originally Posted by Sayjac
To all the Bitog Veterans and all Veterans past and present, thank you for your service.

AMEN........

A world of thanks to all Veterans, those who have gone before us, those still with us and for those who are on the line right now.

USCG. 1976-1980

USCGC Confidence WMEC 619. Kodiak AK.
MLB Station Yaquina Bay OR.

A big thank you to all veterans on this 100th anniversary of the armistice.

USA: 2006-2011, disabled veteran
Operation Enduring Freedom

I always try and pick up the restaurant tab for those in uniform. Haven't had the chance in several years but it will happen again. I did thank a woman in uniform in Walmart for serving recently. She seemed very appreciative that a stranger would do that. Best thing I ever heard about veterans was made by a Catholic priest at a Memorial Day observance at the Elgin, Nebraska cemetery. "They gave all their tomorrows so that we could have today."

Lest we forget.

Both my middle son and my youngest (daughter) marched in the parade today. He's in Army Cadets and pursuing marksmanship. Found my grandfather's name on the WWII plaque and showed it to my kids after the ceremony.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Lest we forget.

Both my middle son and my youngest (daughter) marched in the parade today. He's in Army Cadets and pursuing marksmanship. Found my grandfather's name on the WWII plaque and showed it to my kids after the ceremony.

Very well stated my Canadian comrade. If i may also say what my P-3 ORION stepfather and U.S.NAVY pilot flew "FLY NAVY!"

full-38203-29499-f_14b_tomcat_prototype_in_flight_c1973.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Lest we forget.

Very well stated my Canadian comrade. If i may also say what my P-3 ORION stepfather and U.S.NAVY pilot flew "FLY NAVY!"

Thank your stepfather for his service on my behalf, please. One Naval Aviator to another.

That picture, by the way, is the 1973 prototype Super Tomcat with the PW F401 prototype engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back