Very slight ticking sound right after starting truck?

DR1

My 2008 Nissan Titan has almost 148k miles on it. I have read online that these trucks are known for developing exhaust manifold leaks.
The very slight ticking sound is right after first start up and last maybe 5 seconds/8 seconds tops. It has been doing this for the past 3 yrs I have owned it.
I am wondering if this is a manifold leak or something else?
Below you will read a statement that I just read online regarding this topic.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A leaking exhaust manifold will almost always create a ticking or tapping noise. Often, the sound is more pronounced upon startup when the engine and the manifold are both cold. The noise may diminish or disappear once the engine warms up and the manifold expands, closing off the leak.

When the exhaust manifold on my v6 mustang started to go out, it sounded like a misfire tick or a lifter that was going out and over time it got worse. I kept chasing everything else until it finally broke.

I would give it the old "mechanic's stethoscope" (screwdriver handle to your ear, screwdriver tip to suspected noise location) to rule out valvetrain noise and vacuum leaks and if everything checks out, mark off a nice weekend, possibly get some crows feet wrenches, some cold snacks, and dive into the suspected manifold

This evening right after I posted this thread I went out and got in my truck to go to the store. When I started the truck I had the drivers door open and I could hear the sound and it did go on for well over 10 seconds and then after that I just closed the door and went to the store. I have a sneaky sense that it is the exhaust manifold/folds.

I'd think it would take longer for a manifold leak to seal shut. maybe not.

Back