Very frustrated with PetsMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I swear, if I ever open a business I'm going to put a huge "BITOG" sign right inside the door. Everyone who knows what it means will be invited to do business elsewhere.

By all means please do. If you don't like educated, diligent,
and concerned customers I certainly would never want to patronize your business, ever.

I know thats what a lot on here like to think of themselves, but whiny, entitled, and pretentious would be a better description. You wouldn't be welcome in my business, ever.

I understand your point SlipperyPete. While a business owner can not afford to alienate too many potential customers there is no doubt that a lot( and I mean A LOT! )of these BITOG members would be a royal pain in the tuckuss and would be a real challenge as customers. It makes me cringe to even think about the possibility of a handful of members here being customers of my previous finish carpentry/custom cabinet business or my current website design business. You just know that no matter how well you do they will nit-pick about things totally false just to do so, whine and cry about the bill even though they knew how much before I started, and of course pay late.
crackmeup2.gif

I am sure some of them who seem so god awful here are actually the kind of people that feel bolder behind the anonymity of a computer screen who would never act so badly in person as they do on an internet forum. So maybe some of these BITOG Prima-Donnas would actually be ok as a customer? Again though I get what you mean. There are a few in this thread alone who I would dread coming into my business.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Considering that you obviously approve of neglecting animals, I would never go there. I do not support people that evil.

An odd sentiment from someone who supports "dropping the hammer" on human beings. You wouldn't be welcome either.

I work with shy and fearful dogs at a local no kill shelter. They are watered and the kennels are cleaned twice daily. Sometimes they do drink all of their water or spill it, but they aren't even close to neglected because of it. You can shove your accusation of approving of animal neglect up your backside.

My cat must have been a PetSmart cat. He sleeps in his litter box and has done so for over 20 years.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
1/2 full water dishes is not neglect and empty dishes if it is just for a few hours is not either as long as the cats get fresh clean water 2X's everyday. I mean my dog can go out and empty or almost empty the water dish in one drinking. If I don't immediately refill it am I neglecting her? I mean she just drank a whole dish of water so she should be good for a while right? Wouldn't that apply to cats too?

In a situation like yours, if I was the dog owner and the water dish was getting empty on a regular basis, I would simply get a larger water dish with increased capacity.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

In a situation like yours, if I was the dog owner and the water dish was getting empty on a regular basis, I would simply get a larger water dish with increased capacity.

Exactly, there should never be a situation where a pets' water dish is entirely empty.

Considering that you obviously approve of neglecting animals, I would never go there. I do not support people that evil.

An odd sentiment from someone who supports "dropping the hammer" on human beings. You wouldn't be welcome either.

I work with shy and fearful dogs at a local no kill shelter. They are watered and the kennels are cleaned twice daily. Sometimes they do drink all of their water or spill it, but they aren't even close to neglected because of it. You can shove your accusation of approving of animal neglect up your backside.

My cats have more redeeming qualities than many members of the human race. Note that you MOST CERTAINLY fall into that category.

My cats have more redeeming qualities than many members of the human race. Note that you MOST CERTAINLY fall into that category.

I feel that way about my dog.

He refuses to defecate in the yard. He waits for his nightly walk so he can poop far from home.
I leave an ice cream bucket filled with food. He eats when he's hungry. Basically he snacks all day. Eats a few mouthfuls every few hours.
He's very fast. His stride at full speed is around 9" long and he can keep up to me on my bike at 70km/hr for about 3 minutes before he slows to a 50km/hr jog which he can maintain indefinitely.
I love my dog,more than most people.

You've broken my heart. Truly.

Just simply name your business SLIPPERYPete

I figured you didn't choose that screen name for nothing.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
1/2 full water dishes is not neglect and empty dishes if it is just for a few hours is not either as long as the cats get fresh clean water 2X's everyday. I mean my dog can go out and empty or almost empty the water dish in one drinking. If I don't immediately refill it am I neglecting her? I mean she just drank a whole dish of water so she should be good for a while right? Wouldn't that apply to cats too?

1st of all if you read what is said I talked about a hypothetical situation where my dog just emptied a water dish( so obviously I was there to see it )and then asked if it wasn't immediately refilled on the spot is that neglect? No where did I speak of lengthy times where the dish was left empty( at my house - not PS )nor that the dish was undersized. The point I was making is you have no idea if the dishes at PS were empty/part empty because the cats had just been drinking recently. It is why I suggested stopping by 1st thing in the AM to see if they had water, food, and clean cages( litter boxes ). IF they get water 2X's a day and the dish was only empty for a couple hours I am sorry but that is not neglect. Not how I would do it but I am not going to call it neglect.

2nd. My dog ALWAYS has water available to drink. I change it 2-3 times a day as well to keep it fresh. And her bowl is HUGE!
I use the same dish to feed her as I keep water in. If I filled it to full you would be talking like a gallon +/-. I keep it 1/2 full so she always has 1/2 gallon available. If she drinks from it and takes more than a lap or two I refill it when she is done or as soon as I notice the level is down. Thanks.

My current dog actually drinks very little though. I actually have to try and get her to drink and add a lot of water to her food so she takes some in. I have even taken her to the vet with my concerns. She just doesn't drink even when it is hot. I don't know how she drinks so little and survives? My previous dog, Thunder, is the one who would drain the dish at one time. I was constantly filling his dish. I bet 10X's on some days. Of course I was taking him out to pee 20X's as well.

Please don't assume just because I asked some questions of you and brought up some possible ways you may not have thought of to explain the situation with the cats at PS to mean I am some kind of bad pet owner. I take better care of my dogs than most do their kids!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Just simply name your business SLIPPERYPete

I figured you didn't choose that screen name for nothing.
whistle.gif

Someone using the word "slippery" in a username for an oil site is so subtle as to escape your grasp? You should stay over at stormfront. I'll bet you understand almost all of the words over there.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Me too!

That's not saying much with today's population. Lol.

All of my dogs(3) are rescues, one of them was adopted at Petsmart. At the petsmart in my area all of the rescues have it pretty good, food/water and cleanliness. I have however boycotted Petsmart because they discriminate against Bully breeds, and as a longtime Pitbull owner I can not support a "pet" company that has such breed specific biases.

I swear some of you guys need to get a life, arguing about such asinine things. And getting personal over it, go have a drink or smoke a bowl or something.

Originally Posted By: 29662
All of my dogs(3) are rescues, one of them was adopted at Petsmart. At the petsmart in my area all of the rescues have it pretty good, food/water and cleanliness. I have however boycotted Petsmart because they discriminate against Bully breeds, and as a longtime Pitbull owner I can not support a "pet" company that has such breed specific biases.

I swear some of you guys need to get a life, arguing about such asinine things. And getting personal over it, go have a drink or smoke a bowl or something.

Sorry but I don't drink or do drugs.

I originally had simply made some comments to try and provide another way of looking at the situation. Nothing was personal and I even went out of my way to praise the OP for caring. For some reason it was turned personal back against me. Typical of this site though.

As far as PetSmart not dealing with Pitbulls. I see no problem with that. While not all Pitbulls they are a dangerous breed on the whole and they pose insurance risks. I can also see it being a case of PetSmart trying to look ahead and avoid any lawsuits because a Pitbull they sold attacks someone. We live in a very litigious society and it is a no brainer if one of their dogs attacked someone they would be in a law suit.

Sadly humans have ruined the breed and it's reputation.

Last edited:
My insurance company won't insure certain breed dogs for liability reasons. Years ago before the back yard breeding lowered the pit bull quality I had a pit bull and he was one of the most awesome dogs ever . The neighbor kids love him and he adored kids, One day Daniel[a neighbor kid] was called by his dad to come home. Daniel refused and had a hissy fit. His dad was angry at Daniel and walked to Daniel in an aggressive way. Sam the pitbull saw danger to Daniel and leaped at Daniels dads throat! I yell Sam no! Sam dropped to the ground and Daniels dad got the biggest smile on his face as he knew Sam would protect Daniel when ever they were together. Daniels dad would always let daniel hang out with Sam the pit bull dog.

29662 said:
Humans made the dog breeds, indiscriminating breeding ruined them. Same with horses. you only want to breed the best. I asked my uncle [ a cattle Rancher) before he died why were all the ranch horses nice and us little kid could ride them and never got hurt. He said. We couldn't afford to be hurt when we worked on horses so it a horse didn't work or was dangerous we put them down as to 1) can not get hurt or killed and 2) to not pass on the bad traits. I personally despise stupid dogs and the excuses people make for them. I like dogs that work.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Me too!

That's not saying much with today's population. Lol.
Some dogs I respect, other dogs have no value. A nice dog is a pleasure and p.o.s. dog gets put down.

Originally Posted By: 29662

Sorry but I don't drink or do drugs.

I originally had simply made some comments to try and provide another way of looking at the situation. Nothing was personal and I even went out of my way to praise the OP for caring. For some reason it was turned personal back against me. Typical of this site though.

As far as PetSmart not dealing with Pitbulls. I see no problem with that. While not all Pitbulls they are a dangerous breed on the whole and they pose insurance risks. I can also see it being a case of PetSmart trying to look ahead and avoid any lawsuits because a Pitbull they sold attacks someone. We live in a very litigious society and it is a no brainer if one of their dogs attacked someone they would be in a law suit.

Do you also believee that certain races or cultures are dangerous, and should be treated in a similar fashion? Just curious.

The problem with pitbulls is a contrived PR problem. Any dog that attacks anyone is reported as a pitbull. Just like any gun that shoots someone is an AK47 or a GLOCK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back