very disapointed in GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
every since I saw the new GM fullsize truck Ive been in love with it and now find out that the base price has went from 17500ish to 23500ish.how does a car company explain a 6k jump in price from 1 year to the next.Ill be dang if Im payin 23 grand for a reg cab base truck with a v6. heres a link to the pricing.
http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/

Well... when you're losing money on every vehicle you sell, it would stand to reason that selling fewer vehicles would mean losing less money, right? Of course, there's no reason not to make as much money as possible off of the handful of vehicles you still sell, so you might as well price it as high as you can without getting laughed at. Right?

"Sure, I paid $30k for my Chevy Cobalt with a plastic dash and leaky intake gaskets. But it has bucket seats and it's American made!"

Welcome to "GM Economics."

I'm unable to build and price a regular cab 2007 Silverado....it's only offering Crew Cab, which would explain the price difference you're seeing from 2006. Regular cab short box 2006's start at $16,715. The cheapest 2007 is a crew cab only, starting at $27,000. (Ouch) Are you able to build a regular cab 2007 from your zip code?

$30k for a Chevy Cobalt? WOW. I got my 04 Pontiac Sunfire for $9k... They *really* went up in price...
crazy.gif
The Cobalt was supposed to replace the Sunfire and Cavalier (not sure if it replaced the cavy but Sunfires are no longer made). Gotta love the plastic dash and bucket seats. The plastic dash/doors creak like crazy but at 38MPG who can complain?
banana.gif

You guys are killing me with all this misinformation.
mad.gif

First, Cobalts are NOT $30k. They start at $13,600 with the highest base price being $21,400 for the supercharged SS version. Second, they haven't announced the '07 Silverado WT (work truck) yet. Hold onto your britches and give them time to get the truck to market. There's a lot more to come in the way of new truck announcements, not the least of which was the new 3/4 and 1 ton models they showed in Texas yesterday.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060928/BUSINESS01/609280345

The sticker price doesn't mean a whole lot. The sticker price on my 2006 Cobalt LS was 15K and some change, but I got it for 12K with cruise control and automatic trans. You'll never get any import for that except maybe Hyundai/Kia and parts on the import will be more expensive. Also, lower maintenance since the Ecotec engine has no timing belt. I suspect you will be able to get a new 2007 W/T Chevy regular cab w/new body style for 15,500 or maybe 16K at the most with automatic, 4.3 V-6 and A/C. They still have to compete with Ford, Dodge and the imports.
cheers.gif

Right on cousincletus. My sister went to a dealer with a Honda Civic in mind - $17k for the car of her dreams. Then she saw an 05 Sunfire and got that for $8k after all the deals (dealer wanted to get rid of it). For a college student - $9k is a huge difference.

New F-150? I guess not many people liked the new design. Honestly, I liked the older F-150 design much more. My grandpa did to - thats why he didn't buy the new F-150 when it came out in 02 or around there.

Didn't I read on CNN just yesterday that Lutz said Hummer production must be doubled and include more Hummer models? I guess it's because the only GM product that is selling well is that econobox!
tongue.gif

moribundman: As long as gas is below $10/gal I think the #1 vehicle will be the the bigger vehicle. I don't have anything against that because after driving an econobox 61k+ miles for 2 years I can see why people like the more spacious/powerful cars.
smile.gif

I could believe the $30K comment. A buddy of mine was dating a girl back in the mid eighties that paid over $14K for a loaded Cavalier. Needless to say I was laughing hysterically. I had paid less than $13K for a new Volvo 242 Turbo with every single option available only 2 years earlier.

Quote:

moribundman: As long as gas is below $10/gal I think the #1 vehicle will be the the bigger vehicle. I don't have anything against that because after driving an econobox 61k+ miles for 2 years I can see why people like the more spacious/powerful cars.
smile.gif

Well, you get all that with a Hummer.
tongue.gif

A small can of breadcrumbs is now nearly 3 bucks. Gas is a bargain. I can't wait for gas to hit $15 a gallon. It'll be interesting.

Yep the most common models come out first.(1/2 ton extended/crew cabs) Cheaper and heavy duty models will be another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back