Verizon land line issues

a few days ago my Verizon land line started "answering" for me!! searching suggests a phone issue with my panasonic land phone BUT a new V-Tech i just bought has the same issue!! i have my girlfriend call me +after one or two rings it gives a buzy signal + my phone Dont! even ring when she calls on her cell but she hears a ringer. sever answers on line but will contact verizon-long wait + even check with panasonic. i am not very techy + NEVER set a voice mail as its an answering machine as well, BUT using the phone functions for voice mail i got a message "Voice Mail Via Phone Co" any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. i CAN call out + everything is NORMAL!!

Call forwarding (*72) may have been activated, which you can cancel by dialing *73 on the phone.

I'm just responding for those unaware which may include your parents..??

You can get link to cell cordless phones.

Basically, you turn the bluetooth on your cellphone and it connects to your cordless phones. Your cordless phones will have a base and X amount of other cordless phones around your house. It will act sorta like a landline. You take your cellphone with you when you leave the house and when you get back home, it automatically connects to the link to cell phone system.
You can have two phones connect to it at the same time with two different ringtones to know who should answer the phone.

thanks for all replies + will call Verizon as well as try options mentioned. i have a typical land line + use airvoice cell only as needed, dont even know how to send pics yet, which is why i choose air voice as suggested on this forum. very low cost for low user like myself + no data charge if not using any. since eze i just tried *73 + got a busy signal

called verizon + after 4 transfers + 30 min talked to + scheduled repair, BUT meantime i connected outside in the gray box + even though i could not call + therefore instructions said call for service, their dime outside the house i came inside + reconnected + things work as they should for now!! tomorrow if still good i will cancel service-repair, all is well that ends well, again thanks to all for the input

Back