Vehicle Sighting - 1970ish Ford F-100

20220919_104326_HDR.jpg

20220919_104305(1).jpg

20220919_104314.jpg

My son owns a red 1972 Ranger XLT with the 360 V8. It still runs good but could use a refresh.

Wish modern pickups had low beds like that. Beautiful.
Exactly, how are you going to get a fridge or appliances into a modern truck, with a crane? Trucks are pretty useless other than for bro-flexing if the beds are too high up. You can just tip a fridge over into this one. Glad to see this one in it's natural environment...still working!

The timekeeper at my first summer job had a beige one exactly like it. It had rubber floor mats and our work site was really muddy. He used to hose out the interior, working from the dash down. Seemed very strange to me. Was that an approved way to clean the interior?

The hot ticket on those trucks is to get a 02-11 Crown Vic. Throw the body of the Vic away, and throw the frame of the truck away. Then take about 8" out of the bed and the truck body pretty much drops right on the Vic frame. One of my friends did it, but threw away the 4.6/4R70W and put in a 5.3L with a LS9 supercharger and a Magnum XL 6 speed.

The way a pickup truck is supposed to be. Nice! The best real pickup trucks IMO were the Chevy camper special/GMC long horn with the 8"6" bed, 1 ton springs and the 14 bolt or Eaton HO 52/72 diffs and a 402 under the hood. These things came with a 3/4 or 1" marine plywood bed floor held with recessed carriage bolts that were easy to replace if ever needed. The only PITA with these truck were the 16.5 8 lug split rim wheels.

Back