Vehicle Sighting - 1955 Oldsmobile Holiday

an oldie but goodie with styling unlike modern cookie cutter cars these days!!!! having a few older rides + my 56 bel-air being closest i can say handling + brakes are an afterthought unless upgraded!! love those oldies as i am also one!!!

Saw this veteran and figured it was a 5/6/7 GM of some sort - obviously not a Chevy or a Caddy. The logo was unfamiliar, and I'd never heard of a "Holiday". Pontiac? No, those had the big chrome things on the hood. Had to be a Buick or Olds. Was almost sure it was a Buick, except it was missing the portholes on the front fender. Olds by elimination, and confirmed on the 'net. Figured it looked too roundy to be '57, so the 'net helped me decide it was a '55 rather than a '56.

I wish the owner had been there - would have loved to see under the hood.

View attachment 76957View attachment 76958View attachment 76959View attachment 76960View attachment 76961

I like this dash, with its instrumentation - fuel gauge, ammeter, oil pressure, and coolant temperature.
View attachment 76962
View attachment 76964
Check out the "GM Power Steering" engraved into the steering wheel:
View attachment 76963
Looks to have an after market vinyl dash. I think they all head "skull crusher" in them days. My brothers 56 Star Chief was steel.

Back