Vehicle Pricing

In September I priced a new Rav4 - it was MSRP plus a few dealer add on's I didn't like and their dealer fee. More than I wanted to pay but felt it was fair compared to what else I read. Had to order and wait - ICE 3 months, Hybrid 6 months, only certain option packages available but not really oppressive - seemed like certain packages always came together - ie you could get no package or all the packages but not in between. This is now 2+ month old data so not sure how its changed.

I will need an additional car before summer, but I have some time. Haven't decided new or used yet.

Wholesale prices are dropping. Carvana is failing. Hoping retail priced are next. At this phase hold if you can.

New vehicle pricing should be falling and market adjustments should be coming down. To put it into perspective, I paid $7000 under MSRP or $47500 for my 2020 Tundra Platinum in Feb 2020. Fast forward to last month and while the Tundra is a new model with a higher MSRP it has not been uncommon to see $20,000 over MSRP with Platinum trims and a sticker price of $80,000.

That is bat poop crazy....

New vehicle pricing should be falling and market adjustments should be coming down. To put it into perspective, I paid $7000 under MSRP or $47500 for my 2020 Tundra Platinum in Feb 2020. Fast forward to last month and while the Tundra is a new model with a higher MSRP it has not been uncommon to see $20,000 over MSRP with Platinum trims and a sticker price of $80,000.

That is bat poop crazy....
I have no words for todays market other than GTFOOH....

Retail prices are always going to lag because the retailer is trying to sell inventory he accumulated at the higher cost. Like gas prices, up like a rocket and down like a glacier. I have noticed a real decline in Temp Tags in the last few months so maybe people ore waking up. There will be those that must buy something regardless of the price but the panic of just getting something before nothing is left has passed.

Back