Vehicle + Automobile Mulcher = Not a Pretty Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING! This video of a minivan being shredded might be a bit tough for a "car guy" to watch, and rather frustrating for a dial-up user to wait to download.

* Video is a 5.55 MB WMV file.

Hmmm. I'm not impressed.
thumbsdown.gif

For those who can't or don't care to watch, they're using a large machine meant for clearing brush in wooded areas to shred an old Dodge Caravan in what looks to be great condition. I think that's a huge waste. It could have been scrapped at a junkyard or sold to someone who could possibly use it.

Matt, I agree. And what a giant mess.

But then again, that guy is probably getting revenge after his 6th transmission died on him..

sweet i need one of those.

I really dislike chrysler minivans as well, so i didn't have a problem with watching it.

There are many many families that could use a good used mini-van though.

I'm up in arms over the dodge/chrysler van's, everytime we think my sister's is giving up, it surprises us. Still has original tranny at 115k, burns oil like there's no tomorrow though - funny thing though, you never see it!

quote:

Originally posted by njc:
Matt, I agree. And what a giant mess.

But then again, that guy is probably getting revenge after his 6th transmission died on him..

Yep, watch the video closely. When he gets to the front of the van, steam shoots from the radiator area. That van was hot, and running, probably trying to get away from the monster coming for it, and it's inevitable demise, but the trans wasn't having any of it!

Gesh, they didn't even drain all the fluids out of it. So all the oil, ATF, radiator fluid, brake fluids and probably freon, which is probably what you saw shooting out of the engine, just simply dumped on the ground and will eventually end up in your drinking water.....what a bunch of morons. Boycott these guys, no respect.

quote:

SLASHBUSTER"® "S-7" teeth are so strong, we decided to test them at our local wrecking yard. This Dodge Caravan was obliterated, yet the "S-7" teeth showed no significant damage or wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back