Vege based oils - when ?? (Terry, Molakule)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondering when these new vegetable based oils are going to come onto the market.

Any ideas on what they are, who's going to do it ?

(I'm not after trade secrets, just general information).

Doesn't make any difference to me. No unsaturated vegetable oil is ever going in an engine of mine. The paint industry calls them drying oils because on exposure to air or heat, they combine with oxygen and solidify.

I don't see too much of a problem with fuel stored slightly above room temperature and consumed fairly quickly. Same for soy bio diesel. Oh yes, clean it out before storing very long.

Caster oil is not unsaturated. The gelling may have been due to hydrogen bonding of the hydroxyls. Chemically processed dehydrated castor oil is a good drying oil with -CH=CH-CH=CH- replacing the hydroxyls.

As soon as the price goes down, production goes up, and they find compatible additives, then you'll see more of them going into formulations.

Some ester-based oil formulations are now using singly or in combination vegetable oils.

Right now, fats and esters of fatty acids are synthesized and used in a lot of boutique oils.

I just replied in the Motul post above. But I was positive I read somewhere that Redline used to promote themselves as using vegetable based oils in the past. Claiming they were more stable than other sourced oils. I havent seen anything lately but I did read that in the past in literature they produced. Not sure what is up with it though. True or not ?

quote:

Originally posted by theguru:
Isn't Redline derived from Coconut oil?

Coconut oil, unlike most vegetable oils, is saturated. All the natural oils are esters of glycerine. The animal fats are mostly saturated, and the vegetable ones unsaturated. Saturated compounds are naturally less reactive than unsaturated ones. You can add hydrogen to unsaturated materials and reduce or eliminate the unsaturation. A saturated oil containes all the hydrogen it can.

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Right now, fats and esters of fatty acids are synthesized and used in a lot of boutique oils.

It is hard not to smile
grin.gif
when you think of the term fatty ester...
dunno.gif
it's just me, huh? well OK

...and there is NO TRUTH to the story that SLX is made from asparagus and spinach and that's why it is green.

quote:

Originally posted by Losiho:

quote:

Originally posted by Idrinkmotoroil:
but my urine smells whenever I drink it, its gotta be true, I just know it
wink.gif

shocked.gif
Dude, that's just a little too much information !
lol.gif

Losiho,

AGREED!!! and as much as I love the stuff, even I don't drink it...pour a little on a nice Salade Niçoise maybe.

quote:

Originally posted by Losiho:

quote:

Originally posted by Idrinkmotoroil:
but my urine smells whenever I drink it, its gotta be true, I just know it
wink.gif

shocked.gif
Dude, that's just a little too much information !
lol.gif

I'm sorry I couldnt resist. It's asparagus season up here right now and I've been indulging recently and you know, it just happens. lol. sorry to interupt the post with useless humour.
smile.gif

Idm...not useless at all, let's just say it was...ummm...earthy...no that's not right...ummm...urological, that's it!
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Rislone is veggie based oil.A buddy of mine has over 250,000 miles using only that and a franz t/p filter.And to top all that it is a 73 PInto with the 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back