Vavoline and Castrol motorcycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd post in this section because it's motorcycle specific. I was at Autozone this evening, and all the Valvoline and Castrol motorcycle oils are on sale for $2.99/qt. Anybody have any opinions on these oils?

I've used several different oils in my Virago since August, and Valvoline MC oil produced the worst shifting of any of them. I'm no chemical engineer so I can't testify why that would be, but I dumped it after a few 100 miles of having to kick the shifter into submission.

Mobil Delvac and Mobil 1 15W-40 produce much easier shifting in my bike.

I used them in my Kawi 500 and was not impressed.

The Castrol ran ok, but the Valvoline was noisy. I can agree the shifting was lousy, too.

I switched back to Rotella. No problems.

My :2cents:

GL

I got a great deal on Valvoline Motorcycle oil, so I bought alot of it. Put it in my bike and had clutch issues (clutch pulled in and it was like the bike was in gear with clutch out).

Put it in my 2 ATVS's and it worked fine but the fans kicked on all the time.

I switched to Rotella T on the ATV's and the fan kicked in less on a hot day.

I switched to Rotella T on my bike and the clutch issues went away. I still had 5qts of Valvoline left, put it back in my bike the next year.... same clutch issues, dumped it 4 days later used Rotella and the clutch is fine.

I would never ever buy it again. I used to exclusively used Valvoline car oil but the Motorcycle stuff sucks. I am not thrashing Valvoline but just telling my experience.

I have never used Castrol MC oil.

Rotella T 15w40 will be my fill of choice probably forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back