VAT on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jmac

* The United States spent $5,267 per capita for prescription drugs, hospital stays and physicians visits in 2002, compared with $3,446 per capita for Switzerland, the next highest spender;

Wonder if it was adjusted for the exchange rate... Statics say whatever you want them to say (one of my degrees is in economics).

Nevermind the fact that Swiss or NZ populatations are 10 times smaller than US. That has nothing to do per capita level of medical service and spending. /sarcasm off.
How about comparing or medical services with USSR/Russia medical service? Similar population sizes, closer in size than Germany and US.... But libs will pick and chose what they want to compare. Sure you can get a free emergency surgery, but you have to wait a YEAR for it.

Well, it's really not that hard.

I gave you two, no three, examples of companies (certainly multinational) whose employees (I'd be willing to bet)...don't consider theirselves to be fascists.

They may, if they thought about it...consider theirselves to have earned the benefits having been successful (and continuing to be) in a free market.

Now, as per your statement/assertion only those at the top benefit, they'd probably disagree with that as well...although I can't speak to that.

In the global economic environment we've created, you could include the thoughts that include more than just those who've benefitted at the top, but also those who've benefitted at the bottom (although they may not be Americans).

However, since they hate us (as per Shannow), I suppose we shouldn't consider them.

Quote:
In the global economic environment we've created, you could include the thoughts that include more than just those who've benefitted at the top, but also those who've benefitted at the bottom (although they may not be Americans).

So, I'm supposed to support and/or adopt policies/philosophies that will benefit "others" in America ..and cheer as they promote the lives of others out side of America and see the keen sense to my costs rising because of it ..and THANK GOODNESS that such a philosophy exists that is assured to lower my standard of living until I reach equilibrium with some rickshaw driver turned cab driver somewhere else?

Sorry, I can't buy it. I'll be a loser much more than I'll ever be a winner on that leveling playing field. I'll carry the weight of a few losers if it means not surrendering my life to "the market" as you depict it.

I don't want FAIR. I want BETTER. You offer only losing propositions for the vast majority.

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
Originally Posted By: jmac

* The United States spent $5,267 per capita for prescription drugs, hospital stays and physicians visits in 2002, compared with $3,446 per capita for Switzerland, the next highest spender;

Wonder if it was adjusted for the exchange rate... Statics say whatever you want them to say (one of my degrees is in economics).

If they weren't adjusted for exchange rates the difference would be even more dramatic because the CHF is worth $0.93.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Just like cutting costs BEFORE dispensing tax cuts.

Agree to that, my friend. It is the biggest pot of stuff I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

..but the question still remains, what are you or Tempest promoting that is so much different than my quoted text??

I know Tempest suggest moving the medical responsibility from "Federal" government to "State" government. I can go back and dig up his direct quote if you or he wants to.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Just like cutting costs BEFORE dispensing tax cuts.

Agree to that, my friend. It is the biggest [censored] of [censored] I've ever seen in my life.

That's the type of stuff that gives it a deceptive and (for lack of a better term) evil component. It's all too willing to take advantage of the favorable aspects of an alleged "good thing" even if it's arrived at by totally flawed processes.

Hey, the suckers are buying it!!

I termed the first administration that practiced this as the "Come and get it boyz!! Come 'n GET IT!!" dinner bell ringer.

The second heaping helping was a global smorgasbord ..and helped broaden the client base for sharing the bill.

In both cases "We the People" lost.

lol, well they'll surely all love us if we don't want fair, only better.

I surely did notice Merkel's displeasure with our new leader(s).
Written all over her face.

She warned (LOL) us of protectionism (calling auto company bailouts protectionism which on some level it is).

Not that I'm concerned with what she thinks. In a couple of years, it'll be intersting to see the avg EU citizen respond to the statement "be careful what you ask for", LOL.

Oh, and I'm not offering anything.

ahh, yes, two peas in a pod.

So which pod are you truly in?

Gary thinks Chinese should be pulling around rickshaws instead of making women's undergarments. American women should be wearing American made panties, right?

You're not supporting the philosophy, digital ..you're falling back on cliche rhetorical points.

What are the beneficial aspects to the society AS A WHOLE... if tomorrow.. you were made king and could impose your unchallenged rule on enforcing your philosophy and beliefs?

I suspect it falls along the lines of "He who has the gold rules" ..and not much else.

Now he who has the gold need not be wise ..nor just ..he could be a tyrant and an idiot ..but shrewd and ruthless. Totally devoid of any moral compass, or compassion, or civility, and governed only by his greed.

Qualities that we can all display with beaming pride.

I'm mostly an Adam Smith kinda guy...and if I were king the first thing I'd do is outlaw kings.

And I don't judge worth by how much gold someone has.

Doing so would be the pinnacle of cliche.

(sigh) as I thought. It can't be sold out in the open. It has to be supported quietly and in the form of a cult conspiracy.

So, I'm supposed to support and/or adopt policies/philosophies that will benefit "others" in America ..and cheer as they promote the lives of others out side of America and see the keen sense to my costs rising because of it ..and THANK GOODNESS that such a philosophy exists that is assured to lower my standard of living until I reach equality with some rickshaw driver turned cab driver somewhere else?
Equality? Commie pinko scum.
56.gif

Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
You want me to discuss at length, on an internet forum, the complex moral and philosophical treatise of Adam Smith?

No. I want you to discuss yours.

Originally Posted By: Julian
So, I'm supposed to support and/or adopt policies/philosophies that will benefit "others" in America ..and cheer as they promote the lives of others out side of America and see the keen sense to my costs rising because of it ..and THANK GOODNESS that such a philosophy exists that is assured to lower my standard of living until I reach equality with some rickshaw driver turned cab driver somewhere else?
Equality? Commie pinko scum.
56.gif

I used the right word, bozo.
grin2.gif
I will never have equality with anyone else ..but equal economic buoyancy in our free falling/floating global economy???

Economic exchanges require differentials of pressure. The exchange slows as you reach equilibrium. I do not want to exchange my money for his toil. I do not want him to rise if it means that I must fall. I could care less about China's economy ..if it means the ultimate sacrifice of my own.
(some clandestine global security issue that the masses would never accept being acceptable if the profiteers were not invited to the "last supper" for a full belly ..or..Come and get it, boyz ..cum'n git it
grin2.gif
").

Well, I agree with him (well, I think I do I've not read all his stuff).

And I don't write well enough to put what he wrote into my own words.

And this is a terribly inefficient method of communication.

In other words, you're certainly smart enough to read what he has written and will get more from that endeavor than the stuff I attempt to write with regards to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back