Various forum usage questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How can I quickly see all the threads I participated in that got new replies since my last visit? I guess the closest thing is "Favorite Topics" under "My Home" link, but then you have to remember to mark each thread you respond to as your favorite. I don't see an option to mark them automatically/by default. And also, even if there was no new replies, they would still show in "Favorite Topics" so that's not really what I'm looking for.

2. On other forums, if there was an activity in a given thread since your last visit, you would know that because the subject of that thead would be displayed in bold. How do we determine this here?

I see nothing that allows me to start a new thread, and I've checked all over for such a thing. What's the problem?

Also, I see nothing that allows me to check the posts that I've made. That is, a list of my posts in various threads.

Quote:

I see nothing that allows me to start a new thread, and I've checked all over for such a thing. What's the problem?

Look in the box in the upper right at the beginning of a thread. There is a "Post" link just to the left of the "Previous" link.

jmacmaster: To see posts that you've made, click on your user name in a message thread (such as the one you're reading now), and then click on the "Show all user's posts" link.

Quote:

Look in the box in the upper right at the beginning of a thread. There is a "Post" link just to the left of the "Previous" link.

No, there isn't -- at least not for me.
frown.gif

I have a question about the search function; is there a way to only see the post titles and not EVERY single reply in the results layout?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No there isn't, at least not on my screen.

You won't see a "Post" link when viewing a thread, only when you are viewing the list of posts in a particular forum. Your only post options in a thread are "Reply" and "Quote."

post_clip.jpg

"You won't see a "Post" link when viewing a thread, only when you are viewing the list of posts in a particular forum. Your only post options in a thread are "Reply" and "Quote." "

Ok. I got it now G-Man. Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back