Vandalized Dream Cars

Last edited:
Crap like this really makes my blood boil. :mad:
This happened just last month.
the garbage of a human who did that should have been awake and tied down inside that Mustang when it was put on fire.

We have had (3) cars stolen from us over the years. All different times and places. Ugh. 1976 Chevelle Type S3 / 1986 Monte Carlo SS
was stolen and then recovered. The 1986 Monte Carlo SS was actually stolen again 2 years later and found 99% stripped months later
in a chop shop about 15 miles away.

Back when my wife and I were first dating in the early 90's, one of her neighbors had a nearly perfect '69 Camaro. We went over to his house one afternoon to pick up something, I dont remember what, I believe he was on a deployment with the Navy at the time, but his mother was outside standing next to the car looking at the broken door handle, and some cretin had neatly keyed in big letters into the driver door "we tried to steal this car". Made my blood boil just seeing it. Imagine being a younger guy coming home from serving and being greeted with that.

The Corvettes are mass produced car. Plenty to replace them.
Given the variety of models, colors, and options that can be ordered, it might actually, be impossible to replace that car with one that is exactly the same.

Further, it’s not the ease of replacement, it’s the cost. The loss of the car, the months waiting for a new one, the incidental fees and costs not covered by insurance, and the increased cost of insurance in the future.

This is a big loss.

Look at the morons who go after rare art - sure could help them with the SuperGlue part …

Interesting responses. I remember a thread about a homeless woman killed by an UBER self driving car. I do not recall much sympathy towards that poor woman and lots of excuses towards UBER.

Not condoning criminal behavior of course, but it’s just objects, insured in most cases. Nobody should give a flying flamingo except the owners IMO.

Interesting responses. I remember a thread about a homeless woman killed by an UBER self driving car. I do not recall much sympathy towards that poor woman and lots of excuses towards UBER.

Not condoning criminal behavior of course, but it’s just objects, insured in most cases. Nobody should give a flying flamingo except the owners IMO.
Depends on what kind of society you want to live in. I don’t want either things you compare …

Never had a car vandalized ( fingers crossed) but crack heads stole my 2001 Corolla. Went on a weekend crime spree but they got caught and the car eventually returned. After a $200 shopping spree at the local U pull it wrecker to repair all the damage it was back on the road. I hate folks like that.

Paco

Until it happens to you. ;)

Never had a car vandalized ( fingers crossed) but crack heads stole my 2001 Corolla. Went on a weekend crime spree but they got caught and the car eventually returned. After a $200 shopping spree at the local U pull it wrecker to repair all the damage it was back on the road. I hate folks like that.

Paco
Welcome !

Back