Valvolines guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people keep a car 300,000 miles? How many newer cars will have a problem due to lubrication in 300,000 miles? How many people will pay attention to this. Its mainly a gesture. Perhaps a handful of claims would go through, some nut that drives a ton and has strict oil change documentation.

Its marketing, etc.

I remember when Quaker state had a guarantee. Guy I worked with documented every oil change with there oil every 3000 miles. Well, engine took a dump at about 150,000 and by god, he got them to pay for another engine. granted he was a state trooper. but QS did live up to that promise in that instance

QS, Pennzoil, Havoline, and others have their own guarantees, there are obviously limitations with all of them. Some say you have to take your car to a shop that uses their oil, some say you can do the changes yourself. Interestingly I noticed that Pennzoil used to explicitly state that it's valid even if you change your own oil, however with the new website it doesn't directly say that any more (though it doesn't say anything to the contrary either). Obviously they all state you have to use their product and only their product, make regular changes within the interval they specify, etc.

What I find interesting is that the Valvoline website says you have to register your car before 75k miles. Most of the other ones require you to register your vehicle before 36-48k miles

Someone needs to put this to the test, maybe some fleet vehicles.

I thought it was a joke until I checked out the Valvoline page.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Someone needs to put this to the test, maybe some fleet vehicles.

Vehicles used for commercial purposes are usually excluded from these kinds of warranties (although we have obviously not seen the details yet).

I wonder what happens if it's a user-error, say for example, over-revving and bending valves, timing belt breakage, driving in first gear for 100 miles at redline, etc.

I don't think they care... They probably pay an insurance company for this and it's not coming out of their pockets.

So long as the details of service are met, they will pay...

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I wonder what happens if it's a user-error, say for example, over-revving and bending valves, timing belt breakage, driving in first gear for 100 miles at redline, etc.

I think they tell you to pound salt, like any other oil company would. The warranty is all about selling product, and is probably bullet proof if ever needed. JMO

Use Amsoil, they actually pay out...
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

I would be surprised if it includes anything other than oil related failures. But we will have to wait for the details.

I bought from Gary Allan ASM and SSO, it's sitting with my stash of PP, YB, Formula Shell, Pennzoil HM oil, and Peak Oil. I will be using it shortly, I hope they never have to pay out.

Back to the guarantee. A broken timing belt wouldn't be considered an oil related failure, over revving an engine would be abuse. We need something directly related to an oil related failure to see if an oil company would actually pay out. Then they'd be looking for exit doors.

They have paid out on claims in the past but have proven that it was of no fault of the product it was fault of the engine... But they still paid out. Ask the Amsoil sponsors... They stand behind their products!

You have nothing to worry about. I use their products religiously and have nothing but good things to say! My outdoor equipment even uses it! GOOD STUFF!!!!!

I hear you Stevie
cheers3.gif
I am confident in Amsoil or I wouldn't have bought it. I honestly doubt the way I drive and maintain my fleet I will have any oil related problems. Living on L.I. you fear a car getting stolen, or destroyed while parked somewhere, and then the possibility of an accident with an uninsured driver.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
You guys are drunk.

Na uh... Whats you are talllkin 'bout ocifer? You donnn't knows me... *BURP*

Who invittteded you anywayys? hmmm? *BURP*

37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back