Valvoline's "Anti-Glug" Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess it's the end of "synpower" - still great oil though. that said, i don't care, because if i'm pouring out of a 5qt jug i always use a funnel and i have enough practice to not spill out of individual quarts of oil, regardless of the brand.

The 5 qt jugs are hard to pour without spilling the first little bit. This will be a welcome addition. I don't usually purchase Synpower though, so hopefully this will catch on with the other brands.

I like it!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dogememe
i guess it's the end of "synpower" - still great oil though. that said, i don't care, because if i'm pouring out of a 5qt jug i always use a funnel and i have enough practice to not spill out of individual quarts of oil, regardless of the brand.

Maybe that’s why they’ve been discounting Syn Power at Walmart. Better stock up.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
If it doesn't add to your OCI or reduce the cost its B. S.

It’s a better design compared to their older bottles. Maybe you prefer cans instead?

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
The trick is to not hold it like in the picture on their webpage when pouring.

Correct - the spout should be at the top

I prefer pouring my 5 qt bottles sideways. It lets me "nestle" the bottom of the bottle down near the (inline 4) exhaust manifold and get the pour spout closer to the car's cam cover hole. Even if the initial pour has, say, 10 inches of drop, I can get the bottle closer, maybe 4-5 inches, after dispensing the first half quart.

This design looks like it could interfere with that slightly.

I wish somebody would come up with a way to hold the funnel still. What I've done is wedge a roll of paper towels between the funnel and the radiator. That works good but I have to use a brand new roll, otherwise the diameter of the roll is not big enough to press against the funnel.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
I wish somebody would come up with a way to hold the funnel still. What I've done is wedge a roll of paper towels between the funnel and the radiator. That works good but I have to use a brand new roll, otherwise the diameter of the roll is not big enough to press against the funnel.

Your other hand seems to work pretty well!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Your other hand seems to work pretty well!

I need both hands for the 5 quart bottle. I get real mad at myself if I spill even a single drop.

Hold on... I am very curious about this... So, you are saying the spout should be on top with the handle underneath therefore positioning your hand underneath the container?? That would put your hand closest to the motor with the spout on top the way I am figuring it. I am not saying you are wrong in this. Not at all. Just trying to get which way you are saying it is supposed to be.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hold on... I am very curious about this... So, you are saying the spout should be on top with the handle underneath therefore positioning your hand underneath the container?? That would put your hand closest to the motor with the spout on top the way I am figuring it. I am not saying you are wrong in this. Not at all. Just trying to get which way you are saying it is supposed to be.

I think the whole idea of that came from the quart bottles. It would be hard to do with a 5qt jug especially how the handle is placed. The new design of the jug and pour spout makes this whole exercise moot.

Hmmmm.... Interesting.

Don't know. But I can tell ya I poured my Valvoline Modern Engine full synthetic from a five qt container with the spout on the bottom closest to the funnel. I have a big ol red wide funnel that even Helen Keller could hit fairly well. That being said... It did just fine. A big of glug but not all that much. 1400 miles on the new Valvoline oil and it has been very good. Quiet and just like the Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic I had run before. Very pleased. In fact got another 5 qts for the next run in my Altima 3.5 VQ.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Hmmmm.... Interesting.

Don't know. But I can tell ya I poured my Valvoline Modern Engine full synthetic from a five qt container with the spout on the bottom closest to the funnel. I have a big ol red wide funnel that even Helen Keller could hit fairly well. That being said... It did just fine. A big of glug but not all that much. 1400 miles on the new Valvoline oil and it has been very good. Quiet and just like the Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic I had run before. Very pleased. In fact got another 5 qts for the next run in my Altima 3.5 VQ.

Good to hear. I still have my jug of VAS and one thing I like about this new jug is the clear screw cap with the foil seal clearly visible. As for glugging, I’ve never had a problem as long as I poured slowly. It’s like that with any jug of liquid but with this wide mouth and spout design I figure Valvoline did their homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back