Valvoline VPS 508216 MTF 75w90 GL4 might be discontinued

People that need 75w90 GL4 that is suitable for a manual transmission know how difficult it is to find such fluid in the US, and for awhile, Rock Auto had this fluid in stock. It is NOT the same as the blue bottle Synchromesh you see in stores, as the blue bottle is too thin for 75w90

It was mainly sold at VIOC and other quicky lubes and some shops. Rock Auto was essentially the only way the public could buy it.

Anyway, when Rock Auto sold out of it, I put my email in the notify me box they have, and they notified me this morning that they do not foresee it being available again.

I didn't buy any since I don't have a manual transmission and don't plan on buying another car during the pandemic because prices are too high right now. I regret that decision. It was $12/qt when RA had it in stock.

If it doesn't become available again when I do get a MT, I'll probably import some Castrol MTF from Europe

Redline GL4 MTF is widely available in a variety of weights. Last time I bought it I think it was something like $15 per qt shipped off ebay. I'm by no means a Redline fanboy, but it seemed like a good choice for this type application.

People that need 75w90 GL4 that is suitable for a manual transmission know how difficult it is to find such fluid in the US, and for awhile, Rock Auto had this fluid in stock. It is NOT the same as the blue bottle Synchromesh you see in stores, as the blue bottle is too thin for 75w90

It was mainly sold at VIOC and other quicky lubes and some shops. Rock Auto was essentially the only way the public could buy it.

Anyway, when Rock Auto sold out of it, I put my email in the notify me box they have, and they notified me this morning that they do not foresee it being available again.

I didn't buy any since I don't have a manual transmission and don't plan on buying another car during the pandemic because prices are too high right now. I regret that decision. It was $12/qt when RA had it in stock.

If it doesn't become available again when I do get a MT, I'll probably import some Castrol MTF from Europe
Syncromesh 2 qts needed
75w90 GF4 I choose ultra1plus or Keysar. Should I add Ford's _$10 friction modifier additive??

Back