Valvoline VO-106 oil filters

I'm doing 4500-5000 mile oil changes as I juggle three vehicles for two drivers. I favor using Fram Ultra, Donaldson or Wix oil filters, but I just bought a case of 12 of these Valvoline VO-106 filters, made by Champion Labs in 2019, for $2.49 a piece including free shipping on eBay. Now I'll use the longer Fram XG7317 on my Infiniti, where you remove the PITA 18 screw splash shield to replace the OF, and I'll use the Valvoline ones on my Ridgeline (EZPZ access) and my friend's Frontier. It's nice to get a decent, low price made in the USA filter. Better than NOS filters from Rock Auto.

Attachments

• Valvoline VO-106.jpg
    Valvoline VO-106.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 161
  • VO-106.jpg
    VO-106.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 163
The label says made by Valvoline LLC, Kentucky, so what’s going on with that?

Valvoline and Ashland Oil are from Kentucky. That's not where the filters are made.
The sticky part is manufactured by, not for like most vendors say. It also says made from USA and global components.

Last edited:
Ok then readers I will rephrase my question, which was perfect as it was.

The label says manufactured Valvoline LLC, Ashland, Kentucky, so what’s going on with that?
:D

Ok, I’m trying to not get a migraine here. It’s a Valvoline filter. Made by Champion Labs. I see many, many at work. I’ve cut them open too.

Ok, I’m trying to not get a migraine here. It’s a Valvoline filter. Made by Champion Labs. I see many, many at work. I’ve cut them open too.
I used to get those pretty much weekly and no one at work was sympathetic. Oh we all get headaches. I would get the three day ones and it was three days of torture that doesn’t let up the whole three days and nights. People have no idea what that is. Now at advanced age they stopped. I was taking Imitrex up until just a few months ago.
So all good all relaxed and have no migraine starting.

I used to get those pretty much weekly and no one at work was sympathetic. Oh we all get headaches. I would get the three day ones and it was three days of torture that doesn’t let up the whole three days and nights. People have no idea what that is. Now at advanced age they stopped. I was taking Imitrex up until just a few months ago.
So all good all relaxed and have no migraine starting.

Yeah people have no idea of what that is like to experience...

Look up trigeminal neuralgia.... Yeah it is very rough too. I have had that as well.

Always Good to see you on here too... trying to take everything one day at a time. Hope that you and your family are doing good Capt.

I went by my local valvoline instant oil change to see if I could buy some VO-88 filters from them. I was told that they are not allowed to sell oil filters unless it is a part of the oil change however, they would sell air filters without the install. I thought that was interesting especially without a reason.

It was nice to see they were actually using all valvoline labeled filters and chemicals.

I guess I’ll buy a box from amazon.

Back