Valvoline SynPower 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm running it in 2 vehicles at the moment. I have no complaints. I've run it for 10K OCIs in a 2009 Camry and a 2007 Mercury Milan for a few years now. Both engines running great and very clean. I know it's not much worthwhile information, but looking down the fill hole of both they look like they just rolled off the factory floor. I've done a UOA on the Milan, results were excellent. I have not done one on the Camry.

Its a good synthetic 0w20, but as far as specs go, there are others that have better specs (on paper anyway) for the same, or better price.

Can you please be more specific, i.e. what specs does Valvoline 0w20 not meet that other 0w20 oils meet?

Can't argue about the price, but curious as to what specs that this oil is deficient in.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Its a good synthetic 0w20, but as far as specs go, there are others that have better specs (on paper anyway) for the same, or better price.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
Can you please be more specific, i.e. what specs does Valvoline 0w20 not meet that other 0w20 oils meet?

Can't argue about the price, but curious as to what specs that this oil is deficient in.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

Things like the CST at 40 degrees, its a thicker 20 weight at start up than most...which is one of the main benefits of a 0 weight.

Very difficult to find a poor syn 0w20. Yes, VSP may be a tad thicker but for some people, that may be considered a plus. Synpower was recently on roll back while the other top brands weren't (Walmart). It just so happens that its price is back to normal and M1, PNZL and CSTRL are now on roll back. They all make quality 0w20 so unless you prefer Valvoline as a brand, any of them (and others) will do, in your southern Virginia climate.

Just put in our toyota a couple of weeks ago, can't tell a difference from castrol edge that was in there previously. I had 10 quarts in stock that I found for $3 a quart at autozone last year, plan to run yearly OCIs, usually average 5-6K a year.

I also picked up some VSP 0w20 at the AZ 'Clearance' last year.
I'm wondering what kind of OCI I can run in a clean 2008 Corolla and a clean 2008 Elantra?
Some have suggested that VSP is not an extended OCI synthetic.
Is 10K reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back