Valvoline Restore & Redline Oil - Cleaning Ability

You know JAG it's probably why I opted to use the Redline HP oil, because I knew that while it was doing its job for lubrication it would also be swishing around in there cleaning up what might not be cleanable if that makes sense. I heard of the reputation of it to really deep clean and I wanted to experiment — and also I revved the crap out of that car for four good short OCIs. I was surprised that it was needing that valve cover gasket but it dawned on me it would be a great opportunity to look at the valvetrain which is typically the dirtiest in these engines over time with miles. I've always felt good about Redline over the years, but this is proof that I needed also!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 330indy
yep!
that typical rust-red color mud-crap left by that BMW Full Synthetic junk.... - extended OCIs.

it's the main reason I threw in the Redline, which wasn't needed for this car. But it is Sharked, with a Magnaflow exhaust so it's a fun car for sure.
(I do use RL fluids throughout, diff & gearbox, also in a Dinan e46, and E92M.)

and, my mechanic is a platinum level technician at the local BMW dealership.
He is their go-to guy who installs new engines, if you get my drift...

LOL. here I am touting genuine BMW oil in the European thread.
Red Line and BMW...always a great match.

I recently acquired 4 gals of Valvoline Restore. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it. I don't have anything that's consuming oil.

Maybe I'll use a qt or two to help "fortify" a group 3 oil change load?

Suggestions??
DSCN0405.JPG

I recently acquired 4 gals of Valvoline Restore. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it. I don't have anything that's consuming oil.

Maybe I'll use a qt or two to help "fortify" a group 3 oil change load?

Suggestions??View attachment 112684
sell it, I am sure someone here could use it. Use the funds to buy your favorite flavor of oil.

Back