Valvoline Professional Series

I recently moved and I am tired of the local Subaru dealers so I am trying a new shop. The only thing my Ascent needed was a routine oil change. After the oil change I got a list of recommended services and Valvoline Professional Series information. The services recommended (2020 Ascent 30K miles ) were: Diff fluid change, CVT transmission fluid change, and brake fluid. It was said that if I do these services before 50K miles Valvoline pays up to $4k for each item if needing repair, lifetime, providing I did the same services at the required intervals. So I have looked a little into it, and it seems like a nice thing to offer. I have the Subaru Gold plus extended warranty on the Ascent (10year/100K). So the $4K isn't initially enticing, but maybe in the future?

My question is, has anyone does the Valvoline Pro Services and found value? Or any other information. Thank you, WH.

I don't disagree with them recommending to change the fluids early, but I'm sure that you could do it cheaper yourself.

I don't disagree with them recommending to change the fluids early, but I'm sure that you could do it cheaper yourself.
It wasn't change the fluids that was a concern, I agree, changing them on a routine basis is good, it was the VPS products themselves.

I could do it myself if I had the time, but time is limited.

It wasn't change the fluids that was a concern, I agree, changing them on a routine basis is good, it was the VPS products themselves.

I could do it myself if I had the time, but time is limited.
Personally I'd skip their specialty products and have an Indy shop do it - if you have a brand preference, I'm sure they'd let you specify.

Back