Valvoline pro v

Is Valvoline pro v the blue synthetic racing oil that used to be called nsl (not street legal)? I found a picture on Google images of the pro v line up, and if I remember correctly it's available in 0/20, 0/30, 20/50 and nitro 70(which might've been conventional). Every product had zinc level listings with the 20W-50 having 1400 ppm, same as conventional vr1. I also noticed it can be purchased from summit and speedway, Amazon too I believe. I hadn't heard of pro v until the other day.

Note to the moderators: this is not an endorsement for Valvoline or their racing products. I'm aware of another member's thread being locked because it contained a product guide, but he was not promoting the product. I'm simply asking a question, and providing some background info on the products. I personally have no immediate use for it, but it intrigues me nonetheless.

Originally Posted by 762fermeandyou
Maybe there is info in the 540 rat report on oils and the pressure they can withstand.

You do know that when properly analyzed and presented the oils he tested gave statistically identical results?

I recommend valvoline. It is street legal, and I really recommend it on high mileage vehicles like my 92 Celica with 290,726 miles.

1992 Pontiac Bonneville 155,440
1992 Toyota Celica 290,726

Trying to revive this thread for more info on the Pro-V... It can be found for really good prices and is listed as a full synthetic in both 0w30 and 20w50. The only BIG thing that turn me away from it is the specific recommendation for use only in engines with certain clearances "Designed for engines with clearances between 0.0020" and 0.0025"
VR1 doesn't mention anything about clearances for either the conv or synthetic?

Trying to revive this thread for more info on the Pro-V... It can be found for really good prices and is listed as a full synthetic in both 0w30 and 20w50. The only BIG thing that turn me away from it is the specific recommendation for use only in engines with certain clearances "Designed for engines with clearances between 0.0020" and 0.0025"
VR1 doesn't mention anything about clearances for either the conv or synthetic?
I think it's because of the lighter viscosity.

Pro V is a full line of high performance lubricants. The 20w50 version states that it’s “not street legal”. Maintains the higher zinc like the VR1 NSL oils.

Back