valvoline premium conventional or Pennzoil YB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've was using Valvoline before I found this site and have used it for a couple OCIs since, but I am switching to Pennzoil next time. The additive pack is a little more robust in the UOA reports that I have read.

I have a UOA posted from a 5k run on Valvoline, wear minimal and it didn't sheer out of grade. However, there didn't appear to be a lot of additive (other than a ton of sodium) either.

I am going to try a couple runs of YB and retest.

My preference- Pennzoil.

Why?

1.) Additive pkg- I agree, the YB additive pkg looks fantastic when compared to conventional valvoline- which I know is very subjective opinion.
2.) OCI- I'm running the YB for 6,000 miles
3.) Value- $12 for 5 gallons at wmart seems to be a good deal

The only oil from Ashland I have been very impressed with and would use over a SOPUS product is MaxLife syn blend.

pennzoil...my bros malibu doesnt burn oil on mostly PZ after 110,000 miles...7500 ocis too

Me,I`ve always been a Valvoline white bottle dino guy. I`d choose it over any oil I`ve ever tried,even the expensive synths.

Originally Posted By: genynnc
My preference- Pennzoil.

Why?

''''3.) Value- $12 for 5 gallons at wmart seems to be a good deal

Yeah! at $2.40/gallon, you are getting one heck of a deal!!
wink.gif

Pennzoil is IMO a better oil than valvoline and always has been.

However ALL dino oils are so close in quality I would buy on price.

Not alot of difference between supertech SM and the top name brand SM conventional.

Same price, IMO then flip a coin. I bought the Valvoline for (IIRC) $10.00 back when Wally had the 5.5 qt jug. Now though, PYB is $12.00 a jug at Wally, about a $1-$1.50 less than Valv Prem Conv. I did have a good 4k UOA with the VPC.

Nice deal at Pep Boys though, 5qts VPC and a Purolator oil filter $9.99 after rebate. Pep Boys Valvoline coupon deal

Now though, I got 2 jugs of Quaker State Green in my stash for $10.50 a jug.

Slightly off topic but just giving some pricing info.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Pennzoil is IMO a better oil than valvoline and always has been.

However ALL dino oils are so close in quality I would buy on price.

Not alot of difference between supertech SM and the top name brand SM conventional.

The Marketing folk at these companies spent millions trying to make us think otherwise... Don't get caught up in it.

Milwaukee is right... They are all so close.
thumbsup2.gif

I'd prefer the Pennzoil myself, but that's mostly just because it's a bit cheaper lately from what I've seen. They're both darn good oils.

+1

Originally Posted By: Alex38
I'd prefer the Pennzoil myself, but that's mostly just because it's a bit cheaper lately from what I've seen. They're both darn good oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back