valvoline or penzoil yb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read alot about both of them on the forum but I am very torn since they are both on sale right now. I have switched to YB in my 2006 Yaris and like it but i am still using Valvoline 2008 crv. I am happy with both and have read the Hondas are easy on oil, but I am looking at long life for both vehicles. OCI are from 3-4k and I use toyota oem oil filter or puralator pure one or the Lseries which is usually on sale. Which is preffered and why would be great.

thanks in advance for the feedback

You can use both with confidence. I'd personally go with PYB, but it is a personal preference more than anything.

I prefer Valvoline AC but Pennzoil YB and Castrol GTX are $12 per 5 qt jug at the White-Trash-Supercenter and Valvoline AC is still $13.50. So, I run YB & GTX.

I was just at Walmart to grab some stuff and of course,cruised through the oil aisle. The jugs of Valvoline looked so inviting,that I almost bought a couple! One 10W40 and a 10W30. I may taper down to a thinner weight just for the fun of it. Run the 10W40 next next oci,and then the 10W30 this fall.

I also noticed the M1 is now about $20 a jug on this huge endcap display.

Come on people - this is an easy one. Buy both!

How big is your stash? If under 60 quarts, buy a few cases of each. Oil variety is the spice of life. Currently I have 8 quarts of YB and 24 of the Valvoline. No problems with running either 5k.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
You can use both with confidence. I'd personally go with PYB, but it is a personal preference more than anything.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I was just at Walmart to grab some stuff and of course,cruised through the oil aisle. The jugs of Valvoline looked so inviting,that I almost bought a couple! One 10W40 and a 10W30. I may taper down to a thinner weight just for the fun of it. Run the 10W40 next next oci,and then the 10W30 this fall.

I also noticed the M1 is now about $20 a jug on this huge endcap display.

20 bucks?

Originally Posted By: hate2work

I like the Pennzoil because of the cool yellow bottle :)

While probably not too scientific, that is my reasioning too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back