Valvoline oil hard to find in Canada (Ontario)?

I used to find Trainyards a decent store for auto when I lived in Ottawa, but it's been five years so who knows what it looks like now.

A couple of the Walmarts in the GTA near me no longer have any auto section at all - and all the tire and lube centres are either sold to Mr Lube or closed.

Think allotment. Many manufacturers can/will only supply X amount of product. If a retailer sells out, the manufacturer often doesn't have the capacity to provide more or it isn't worth it to them.

Sometimes the store isn’t reordering product when it runs out. Which is why other close by stores may have a good inventory because they keep on top of replenishing sold out items better or when they start to get low.

I used to find Trainyards a decent store for auto when I lived in Ottawa, but it's been five years so who knows what it looks like now.

A couple of the Walmarts in the GTA near me no longer have any auto section at all - and all the tire and lube centres are either sold to Mr Lube or closed.
That is exactly what is happening here. They're probably just slowly getting rid of inventory and not ordering more. I assume at some point they will just offload the stuff they can't sell to someone else like princess auto for their section of random crap, lol.

So I went to Walmart at the Trainyards shopping centre last night. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Valvoline oil I was looking for. It wasn't on rollback and I wasn't going to pay $48 for it. So I walked out with some SuperTech 5w30 Synthetic that was on rollback to about $16.

Bonus, the Fram TG7317 filter my X takes was on clearance for 3 bucks, grabbed a few of those! The Lube centre was closed though and the auto section was a few aisles smaller than what I remember.

Last edited:
Back