Valvoline oil hard to find in Canada (Ontario)?

I find it is pretty hard to find Valvoline oil here these days. Walmart stock is not reliable, the auto section in Canada is definitely not like the US. Napa sometimes carries it but the price is insane. Canadian tire carried it eons ago but not anymore. Not the end of the world but I would like to try some of their newer offerings. Maybe it's just me and where I live (the capital of the country, lol).

Reactions: JC1
Why not just move three or four feet down the Walmart shelf and buy some other brand that is comparable and maybe on sale?

Why not just move three or four feet down the Walmart shelf and buy some other brand that is comparable and maybe on sale?
Walmart in Canada is garbage. The shelves are poorly stocked and are always out of the grade I need. But that is what I have done, just go to another store like Canadian tire and get Castrol or Pennzoil Ultra for 45% off. I just wanted to try some of their newer offerings since they had good reviews here.

Every time I was in the US I was blown away at the Auto department at Walmart. It is a night and day difference. For example the one near me only carries fram extra guard filters.

Napa's house brand is Valvoline :)
I heard that, but look at what they want for it in Canada:

1599663841872.png

Order online at Walmart.ca. Three 5 liter jugs of Valvoline Daily protection 5w30 for 52 loonies. Which comes to 17.33/jug and free shipping.

I find it is pretty hard to find Valvoline oil here these days. Walmart stock is not reliable, the auto section in Canada is definitely not like the US. Napa sometimes carries it but the price is insane. Canadian tire carried it eons ago but not anymore. Not the end of the world but I would like to try some of their newer offerings. Maybe it's just me and where I live (the capital of the country, lol).

Valvoline at Walmart Canada is only readily available around black Friday or after Christmas. That's the best time for pricing too.

That's why I usually stock up around that time. Kind of sucks, but that's the best option to save money. Canadian Tire has more options you just need to play the game with their sales. Pennzoil Ultra is on sale this week for $31 and change a jug at CT. Back in November on the big black Friday sale same jugs were $23 before tax with a $10 rebate per jug (max of 4 rebates per household).

Valvoline is not the supplier of Napa branded motor oil in Canada. It is a Quebec company called Verco. Here are the details on Napa Canada and Verco.
Secondly, hardly anyone pays full price at the Napa Canadian stores. They always wait for the regular sales, held alternate months. Thirdly, that price is Canadian dollars. so multiply by .73 to get US dollars. Here is the link.

Last edited:
Keep checking the Walmart's in your area.

Here is a snip from the September Napa Canada flyer. Napa conventional is on sale for $20 CDN this month. That's $14.60 US. Next month it will be the Napa synthetic on sale, but its not made by Valvoline, however. It is D1G2, and at some time it will be SP. Just not sure when. Enjoy.

1599671206396.png

Valvoline is not the supplier of Napa branded motor oil in Canada. It is a Quebec company called Verco. Here are the details on Napa Canada and Verco.
Secondly, hardly anyone pays full price at the Napa Canadian stores. They always wait for the regular sales, held alternate months. Thirdly, that price is Canadian dollars. so multiply by .73 to get US dollars. Here is the link.

Cool stuff!

Verco seems like a Canadian version of WPP

Here is their site

Valvoline is not the supplier of Napa branded motor oil in Canada. It is a Quebec company called Verco.

Napa Canada has two lines of private label oil.

The NAPA branded stuff, the one on the front page of this month's flyer is made by Valvoline (and can confirm this by checking the data sheets on the NAPA Canada website)

The NAPA Proformer branded stuff in the black bottle is made by Verco (and exclusive to Canadian stores)

Last edited:
I find it is pretty hard to find Valvoline oil here these days. Walmart stock is not reliable, the auto section in Canada is definitely not like the US.

Try checking on Stocktrack.ca to see if another store near you carries it - my local one always seems to have it in stock.

But if I'm walking into Walmart for oil, I'm coming out with SuperTech so I've never really looked into which Valvoline lines they carry besides noticing they are there.

This is all good info, thanks! I had never heard of Verco. Would be interesting to know what their products are like. Always good to support a Canadian company.

Walmart in Ottawa (the couple that are close to me at least) are terrible for stock and organization. The bottles usually aren't even under the right brand, you'll pick up a jug of castrol and it's sitting where the Pennzoil should be. Next time I go I will take a picture. And maybe say something to the store manager as well. I would be more inclined to shop there if it didn't look like it was ransacked. Of course it is hard to beat the Canadian Tire sales. I had heard a while ago that Walmart Canada was trimming down their auto centres in the Canadian stores.

Think allotment. Many manufacturers can/will only supply X amount of product. If a retailer sells out, the manufacturer often doesn't have the capacity to provide more or it isn't worth it to them.

Back