Valvoline NextGen The Next Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a bit pricey.

I just bought 10 qts in 5W20 & 5W30(5 ea.) of NextGEN for $1/qt on a closeout from PepBoys. And I though that was only an, Hmmm OK deal. Most oils that I've been able to score on have been full synthetic for $1/qt. But, I need to start rebuilding my stash as I was completely out.

Date code for the 5W20...F0517C1-2250
Date code for the 5W30...A2517C1-1903

I called Valvoline and they told me that these are from 2017 in which the "17" in the numbers represent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
Yeah, that's a bit pricey.

Of course it is! i'm not saying anyone should buy it (or not)...

No, I knew what you meant and I agree.
wink.gif

It just may not have come out that way. I was only mentioning that I too found some locally with some surprise, and I wasn't looking for it when I found it.

I am shocked as well that NextGEN is still hanging on. But, if one can score it at a reasonable price then indeed, grab some.

CB

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby

Date code for the 5W20...F0517C1-2250
Date code for the 5W30...A2517C1-1903

I called Valvoline and they told me that these are from 2017 in which the "17" in the numbers represent.

F0517 is June 05, 2017
A2517 is January 25, 2017

Seems to be the same pattern / premise of either born-on-dates, or pull product dates, that beer breweries often use.

Funny how they are still making conventional oil, especially at that price. Better off with super tech full syn which is under $20 for 5 qts...

Boy I remember years ago when it was basically free after rebate for months and after getting a few, I stopped buying it as I had way too many. I guess you can never have too much free oil.

Originally Posted by painfx
Funny how they are still making conventional oil, especially at that price. Better off with super tech full syn which is under $20 for 5 qts...

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Boy I remember years ago when it was basically free after rebate for months and after getting a few, I stopped buying it as I had way too many. I guess you can never have too much free oil.

I know right?
The 10 qts I bought at PepBoys 2 wks ago on closeout for $1/qt was marked $6/qt
I'm sure the NextGen still has some synthetic oil in it like most 5W20 & 5W30 conventional oils today.

Last edited:
NextGen is a synthetic blend in 5W20 & 5W30, just like the VWB/"Daily Protection". I'm surprised there's any left outside of PB's dust covered bottles! I actually had a little NG Full Synthetic, my brother's Altima went through it like it was water...

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Yup. Same with G-Oil, im sure theres tons of it still stashed at my parents house. it can still be found for way too much money. Guess they gotta make the money back from the FAR and marked down prices from years ago
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back